Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Op problem

Options
  • 01-02-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

My puppy was spayed a week ago but is experiencing frequency and straining when having a pee, is this usual? No infection in urine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mine slept that night and was back to normal again the next day! Did the vets offer any advice? When is she due back for her post-op checkup?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Can't say mine had too many issues afterwards - she did seem (from what i can remember) to need to pee a bit more and probably couldn't hold it as long as normal for a few days afterwards. She was fully house trained at the time and i do remember the vet saying that there might be an accident or two for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

fourcats wrote: »
    My puppy was spayed a week ago but is experiencing frequency and straining when having a pee, is this usual? No infection in urine.

I would phone the vet in the morning - she should be due a check up in any case? Always a bit of a worry post-op when theres something going on, so definitely worth checking back with your vet - it should be part of the surgery cost, so a post-op check up wont cost ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭mistybluehills

fourcats wrote: »
    A spay is a major surgery. I mean MAJOR. Complications occur, some serious, some not so serious. Give your vet a call and get some follow up advice, at stitches out time you can see vet face to face or sooner if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Out vet recommended a 10 day post op checkup, which happened yesterday.
    Our dog is 7 so not a puppy and we have seen that she'll wee more than usual but we've only had 2 midnight accidents over the 10 days and both of days came within the first 3 days post surgery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement