Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle lights (rechargeable)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hopefully these might be cheap enough for the ninjas to finally adopt as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mrcheez wrote: »

ya cant be a Ninja with lights - that's their whole raison d'etre

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Ordered these last night..tiny bit cheaper to buy individually rather than the set, can't be bad as a back up set for less than €10 to the door.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/i.../rp-prod122410

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/i.../rp-prod122409

I actually bought these a couple of weeks ago, decent job although the first pair they sent me stopped working after 1 day , no complaints with the replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Ordered a pair thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Ordered a pair, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Sweet tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭muloc

thanks op. got a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dealz have lights for €1.50, not sure how much cheaper you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭robryan

Cheers Lad..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

loyatemu wrote: »
    Dealz have lights for €1.50, not sure how much cheaper you could get.

You get what you pay for. The Dealz ones are crap. Brackets break very easily and if the light fall off as a result the casing is very brittle and prone to cracking.

Hoping the ones on the OP are as good as the RRP would indicate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

What's up with these lads?? Is this getting worse or have I just not noticed it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Purchased, thanks OP. Now to find the bicycle in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Two pairs ordered. Nice one, OP.

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    What's up with these lads?? Is this getting worse or have I just not noticed it before?

It's a lot worse than it's ever been.

Partly because there are more people cycling (which is a good thing) that are inexperienced and don't really know about proper cycling equipment (a bad thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,400 ✭✭✭✭ted1

pac_man wrote: »
    Is there a recommended brightness/ lumen value for the front and back lights?

The Germans have it nailed with the bike light laws and I believe that they should be rolled out throughput Europe.
    The less no below us a good explanation
    http://blog.wheelies.co.uk/stvzo-approved-bike-lights/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Ordered these 12.30 yesterday Dlv'ed to work before 08.30 this morning. Wasn't expecting them until after the weekend tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

fdevine wrote: »
    You get what you pay for. The Dealz ones are crap. Brackets break very easily and if the light fall off as a result the casing is very brittle and prone to cracking.

Agreed, but if you set them up right they are a very good bright light. I did get a few of them and I did notice a slight difference between them, but for €1.50 I'm not complaining

On an unrelated topic, I pulled into my local train station after doing a days work and found my bike was fine, but my €1.50 dealz bike light with its bracket was stolen.... I thought no one would try steal an unsecured €1.50 light.. how wrong I was :eek:

ando wrote: »
    On an unrelated topic, I pulled into my local train station after doing a days work and found my bike was fine, but my €1.50 dealz bike light with its bracket was stolen.... I thought no one would try steal an unsecured €1.50 light.. how wrong I was :eek:

Probably depends on where the bike is parked, but generally speaking I would always remove anything unsecured like that from my bike before leaving it unattended.

It's not so much the price of the item that's a problem, just the hassle of having to get another one and the cost in time.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Ordered these 12.30 yesterday Dlv'ed to work before 08.30 this morning. Wasn't expecting them until after the weekend tbh.

How easy is it to clip them off the bike? Do you need to undo the strap, or just lift it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Haven't cycled in a year........ ordered them anyway.

Damn you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Lads not going to lie to you. Just ordered a pair.

I don't own a bike.
    I've never owned a bike.
    I can't cycle a bike.

antodeco wrote: »

I don't own a bike.
    I've never owned a bike.
    I can't cycle a bike.

Woah that was almost a haiku.

Try...

I don't own a bike.
    I have never owned a bike.
    I can't ride a bike.

Nice way to make your 99,999th post too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

It's a lot worse than it's ever been.

Partly because there are more people cycling (which is a good thing) that are inexperienced and don't really know about proper cycling equipment (a bad thing).

Are ye talking about people with NO lights or them that have the searchlight ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Arrived today, charging them now. Thanks again OP.

Are ye talking about people with NO lights or them that have the searchlight ones?

No lights. Bright lights are at least lights!

I saw a bike in the car park of our company this morning and I know the owner is a bit obnoxious and wouldn't you know, he has no front-lights.

The guy is in his 40s, but judging by the state of his bike I assume he's an inexperienced part-timer.

antodeco wrote: »

I don't own a bike.
    I've never owned a bike.
    I can't cycle a bike.

Legendary bargain alerts comment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

These lights are great value.. Got some sets myself last month to put on my kids bikes. Some models also have a basic belt clip too so even if you are not a cyclist then they can be used for running or walking on badly lit roads. I'm using for night runs and no probs so far, belt clip is not the tightest but seems good.

Arrived today, charging them now. Thanks again OP.

Same here. Tks OP nice bargain. Be interesting to see how bright they are.

I bought two sets. Kids keep borrowing my other lights for cycling to school. So very handy to have a few pairs around.

These seem to have no charge in them when delivered. Says it takes 3hrs for a full charge. Seem like a very high quality light anyway. They are a little bulky to fit a regular charger. I have a 5 usb desktop fast charger that is ideal. So happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Thanks again OP. Arrived this morning. Much smaller than I expected but very solid. Seem to have an rubber band and belt clip which rotates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,400 ✭✭✭✭ted1

beauf wrote: »
    Same here. Tks OP nice bargain. Be interesting to see how bright they are.

I bought two sets. Kids keep borrowing my other lights for cycling to school. So very handy to have a few pairs around.

These seem to have no charge in them when delivered. Says it takes 3hrs for a full charge. Seem like a very high quality light anyway. They are a little bulky to fit a regular charger. I have a 5 usb desktop fast charger that is ideal. So happy days.
    I was surprised that they had no charge, might be the only way that courier companies take batteries.

Advertisement