Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Romero - NoClip Profiles

Options
  • 01-02-2017 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

There used to be a documentary thread for gaming documentaries here on boards, I tried to search but couldn't find it to post there.

Anyways, after doing a Rocket League and Doom one, NoClip returns to Ireland to interview John Romero.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There used to be a documentary thread for gaming documentaries here on boards, I tried to search but couldn't find it to post there.

Anyways, after doing a Rocket League and Doom one, NoClip returns to Ireland to interview John Romero.

I had no idea Romero was about Galway. Will be moving back there at the end of the year, if I see him I'll buy him a pint. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nailz wrote: »
    I had no idea Romero was about Galway. Will be moving back there at the end of the year, if I see him I'll buy him a pint. :pac:

careful, he might make you his b1tch !:D

I wonder does he look back in mortification at that ad campaign?
    130141.jpg?v=1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently the ad wasn't his idea and he only reluctantly agreed to it.

He's had some career, been a designer on some of the most important games of all time and Doom still holds up as a timeless classic. His only bad game was Daikatana but fair play to him for being candid about the whole development of that game, there's an amazing article about it on gamasutra which is unfortunately gone but has been archived by the wayback machine.

He's produced some pretty good stuff following Daikatana which people don't give him credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Saw him talk about Doom in UL last year and was a really interesting session. He waited around afterwards and chatted with people and took photos. Was great and seems like a really nice chap. Great to see himself and Brenda setting up shop in Ireland and even getting involved with Irish game development.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My company is having an innovation/training day where we are running workshops and lectures. I'm on the organising committee and we are looking for a keynote speaker. Guess who I suggested ;)

People were very enthusiastic about the idea, much better than a random rugby player. Fingers crossed now, sickened I missed him in UL that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NoClip fast becoming one of the more importang gaming channels on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

careful, he might make you his b1tch !:D

I wonder does he look back in mortification at that ad campaign?
    130141.jpg?v=1

Someone using Romero's photo and name, in the comments for the documentary on YT, referenced that very ad slogan..........

Few minutes later, the actual John Romero leaves a comment to thank Danny O Dwyer and assure everyone that it wasn't him that said he was going to "make Ireland his bitch!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meet him briefly last year and he was charm personified. Really nice guy who's done some incredible work.

Advertisement