Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest drink driving insurance

Options
  • 31-01-2017 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, just about finished a 2 year ban for drink driving. A pesistrian got hurt too but was 50/50, so there's a substantial claim as well. I know I made a mistake and I deeply regret it, believe me. I know it'll be expensive as well, so was wondering if anybody knows the cheapest route to get back driving? Tia

Ps I'm a 26yo male with 1 years ncb (my previous insurers sent me a copy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Talk to some insurance brokers, don't even bother dong online quotes. Ring at least 10 brokers, even ones that aren't local to you.

The likes of topinsure and quotedevil would be worth a try.

Your main issue (as I'm sure you're aware) is the combination of a conviction and a claim,

I'm not seeing how you can have a no claims bonus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The cheapest route is to call every company and broker you can find and compare policies.

When where you last insured? The 2 years NCD expires after 2 years and assuming that you cancelled when banned it must likely has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the claim still outstanding? Don't think anyone but your own insurer will take you on until it's settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hunter101

No it's over now. That's what I'll do, just ring as many brokers as I can find and see. Cheers guys, never even heard of topinsure before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hunter101 wrote: »
    No it's over now. That's what I'll do, just ring as many brokers as I can find and see. Cheers guys, never even heard of topinsure before

You will most likely have to go down the declined cases route.

Google it for details of what you will have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Quote devil ... ..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Colash wrote: »
    Quote devil ... ..

Same crowd that refused to quote me because my car has VTEC (not even real VTEC ffs! I-VTEC)

Advertisement