Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

north face sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

nice one!
    Picked up some good priced stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Any codes for a bit more off? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nice one!

Replaced my soon-about-to-disintegrate walking jacket with a new one for half price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Any way to search on their website with a size filter? Didn't see the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Would they have better stock levels in store? Good prices, but the boots I was looking at had zero sizes in stock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Would they have better stock levels in store? Good prices, but the boots I was looking at had zero sizes in stock...
    This sale is on since the start of January so unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

nice one....picked up a nice pair of slippers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

That stuff ridiculously expensive. Even on sale.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

That stuff ridiculously expensive. Even on sale.

Shrug, depends on what you are using it for. Walking around town, sure, same as a lot of other brand clothes.

Going up a mountain? Worth every damn cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Similar price point to Arcteryx and Patagonia who I find make better stuff.

Still picked up a pair of gloves, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

They are still crazy expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seanin4711 wrote: »
    They are still crazy expensive
    Then don't buy it, no one is forcing you. Lidl come out with the same type of outdoor wear every now and again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Similar price point to Arcteryx and Patagonia who I find make better stuff.

Still picked up a pair of gloves, thanks OP.

I find they do some things extremely well and others so so. I mix and match across all companies. I love their pants, day hiking bags and I love their slippers :D

Icebreaker Merino wool for all base layers, gloves, hats, socks and jumpers. Rab for goose down jackets. Rab or Montaine for rain jackets. Merrell for shoes.

North Faces Thermoball jackets look pretty good for Irish weather.

Only thing I find, is that being a US company, their fit is a little on the large size, compared to the EU brands.
    Then don't buy it, no one is forcing you. Lidl come out with the same type of outdoor wear every now and again.

Aldi and Lidl do some nice stuff, but it wouldn't come anywhere close to North Face or similar companies. That is fine depending on what you are using it for, but I wouldn't be going up Caurantoohill in winter in a Lidl rain jacket!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

"Summit series" is usually the serious gear - all the other stuff seems to be for hiking around Dundrum :)

I find their stretchy gloves great - stay warm when wet.

(oops thought I was in the Outdoors forum - above still applies, but particularly if you're on a mountain ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭seaviewphotos

North Face made very good gear about 10 years ago, now they're just another high street shop. You get better value and better gear from some of the other brands already mentioned in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

There were some good bargains to be had in the North Face outlet in Kildare village in January, maybe sale still on? Picked up a zero gully jacket from their professional range for €206 (RRP €450 USA RRP $499)

A lot of money for a jacket and I think last years model, but serious quality and gore-tex material (completely waterproof, windproof yet highly breathable). Well worth it the last few weeks wearing it in bitterly cold weather on long hikes high up in the Wicklow mountains

North Face made very good gear about 10 years ago, now they're just another high street shop. You get better value and better gear from some of the other brands already mentioned in this thread.

As mentioned earlier, their summit series is still excellent, top quality gear, used for serious mountaineering, etc.

It isn't all crappy cotton t-shirts with a logo printed on it for €40 :rolleyes:

They have become trendy with the public, so they have become a little overpriced. But if you keep an eye out on sales then you can get some seriously good gear for decent prices.

Roughly half my gear is North Face and I've hiked all over the Irish mountains and Norway and Poland in the most horrible weather you can imagine. Nice and cozy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Got my order tracking number. Anyone know which courier NF use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

https://www.thenorthface.ie/shop/en-gb/tnf-ie/men%26-39%3Bs-nuptse-2-gilet-AUFG?variationId=GVD
    I paid full price for this pre Christmas, I would recommend at the sale price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Got my order tracking number. Anyone know which courier NF use?

GLS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

bk wrote: »
    Shrug, depends on what you are using it for. Walking around town, sure, same as a lot of other brand clothes.

Going up a mountain? Worth every damn cent.

I love the way they have ginger models with mountain beards & guys with windburn on their faces. So mountainy!

Advertisement