Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daft Question - Are R4 Cartridges legal in Ireland and if they are where is the best

Options
  • 31-01-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Thanks everyone - I have searched and cant find a definitive answer. I know there is an issue in the UK but cannot find what status is in Ireland
    thanks everyone and sorry again if I am going over old ground

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gerdywerdy wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - I have searched and cant find a definitive answer. I know there is an issue in the UK but cannot find what status is in Ireland
    thanks everyone and sorry again if I am going over old ground

I'm not sure of the answer to this but I don't reckon they are illegal as such unless they are loaded with games and sold that way....

Again, just a guess, but that's years ago, I don't think they have been compatible with the DS for a long time with all the newer models....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They are not illegal if you are using them for homebrew from what I know but as soon as you put already copyrighted material on it then its a no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

thanks guys anyone know of a good place in Ireland to buy them have saw a place in Cork and was wondering if anyone has ever used them

Advertisement