Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modifying a van conversion

Options
  • 30-01-2017 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am contemplating switching from my caravan to a camper van. Budget constraints mean that I am probably looking at a van conversion.
    I would like to buy one that has already been registered as a camper and change the layout where necessary (fixed bed is a must).
    Are there any implications in doing this? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Lofty123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am contemplating switching from my caravan to a camper van. Budget constraints mean that I am probably looking at a van conversion.
    I would like to buy one that has already been registered as a camper and change the layout where necessary (fixed bed is a must).
    Are there any implications in doing this? :confused:

If you're getting insurance with Dolmen they will want an engineers report and photos anyway so that should cover you. If you're not moving around passenger seats / seat belts should be no worries from an engineer point of view.

Advertisement