Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 Casual Gaming PC Build

Options
  • 30-01-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,
    I used to be fairly knowledgeable when it came to choosing components a few years ago but feel a bit out of touch now. I'm looking to run games such as Guild Wars 2 on max settings with around 100 FPS, while comfortably recording at the same speed. If necessary, I can extend the budget to suit needs. I'd prefer to invest into the components that I know I will not need to replace in 3+ years.
    Thanks a million,
    Kev

1. What is your budget? [€1000-1200]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? General computer use, Gaming, and Video editing (premiere pro etc.)
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] I could salvage a case but would prefer a complete new setuo. Moving from laptop to desktop.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22 inch

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Not needed, would prefer to buy these in person.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? In the next month or so.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Limerick, but will likely be fine building solo.

Comments

Advertisement