Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EA community chief tweets #Skate4, internet loses its mind

Top Journalism Eurogamer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Only played the first (and possibly second), but enjoyed them. Was never very good at them though - while I like the trick input style, I don't have the finesse for some of the subtle differences. There has been quite a lot of hysteria over the possibility of a fourth for ages - will be interesting to see if it can live up to the hype.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Brilliant news, been itching for a Skate game on current gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say I didn't particularly like what I played of Skate 1 (or possibly 2). I just didn't enjoy the control scheme (if i remember right it was using the sticks to do tricks). Would probably give a new Skate a chance if reviews were positive though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Really enjoyed these games, am looking forward to seeing a 4th, but not looking forward to how badly EA will fk it with microtransactions and online only and all the rest...

• Advertisement

This is Mirrors Edge Catalyst all over again. Internet demand and nobody buys it. I liked the games but I played 3 again recently as it's BC on xbox and it's not as fun as I remembered.

Oddly this was regularly in the top 20 week on week in the UK , not sure about the US but for so long it's not funny , we're talking last year and back to 2014-2013 so not BC inspired purchases. It's like people were buying it week on week to get a 4th made??? How this was a thing I don;t know :confused: They sure as sugar weren't pressing new copies so selling "shipped" copies? Either way to spend that long in the top 20 is impressive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This is Mirrors Edge Catalyst all over again. Internet demand and nobody buys it. I liked the games but I played 3 again recently as it's BC on xbox and it's not as fun as I remembered.

Oddly this was regularly in the top 20 week on week in the UK , not sure about the US but for so long it's not funny , we're talking last year and back to 2014-2013 so not BC inspired purchases. It's like people were buying it week on week to get a 4th made??? How this was a thing I don;t know :confused: They sure as sugar weren't pressing new copies so selling "shipped" copies? Either way to spend that long in the top 20 is impressive :pac:

In my opinion, Catalyst wasn't very good. There was enough in the pre-release promotion to make me hesitant and I'm sure others felt similarly.

If Skate 4 is done well I imagine that it'll sell moderately well. Those crying out for Skate 4 will jump on board ASAP (provided there aren't a tonne of bad decisions made in marketing / pre-release) and skateboarding game fans in general may well check it out after Tony Hawk's poor last outing.

🤪

Yeah, the beta for ME:C was enough to put me off the game. I've been tempted a few times to buy the latest Tony Hawks to get my skating fix but videos and reviews always make me change my mind. I loved those games back in the day. As for Skate, if it's more of the same, I'd buy day 1 but very interested to see what ideas they have for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It was down to PewDiePie and other YouTubers apparently.
    The game was out of print, but the weight of consumer demand at retailer GAME meant the firm requested EA produce more copies.

I wonder if a PC release would be on the cards for Skate 4.

It was down to PewDiePie and other YouTubers apparently.

That's kinda class. Saying that, I watched one of his Skate videos and had to turn it off after 10 seconds. Bizarre how that's considered enjoyable. I then tried watching some other Skate 3 vids and couldn't last longer than 10 seconds on those either as I didn't feel like being shouted at about likes and subscribes. Goddamn Youtubers.

• Advertisement

Tony Hawk did say recently he was working on something but was too early to talk about but did say it was not with Activision then the Skate 4 tweet :confused:

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/30/tony-hawk-is-working-on-a-new-game-and-not-with-activision/

Well that tweet that set this off was an EPIC troll, they confirmed today during their financial call Skate 4 is currently not in development. Doesn't mean it wont be but still :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well that tweet that set this off was an EPIC troll, they confirmed today during their financial call Skate 4 is currently not in development. Doesn't mean it wont be but still :mad:

Any chance they are throwing off the scent just to have a big reveal at E3? If not that community manager should be f*cking fired.

Advertisement