Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Courier

Options
  • 30-01-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I booked a courier to collect an item in Ireland and deliver it to me. The courier collected the item on Friday but they emailed me today to say it wasn't collected as it was insufficiently packaged.
    I emailed them back and the full story seems to be that they collected the item and have now decided that it is insufficiently packaged and they are returning it to the collection point today and if I want it recollected then I need to pay again .....
    I emailed them saying they accepted the item and therefore have taken responsibility for it so should therefore deliver it as contracted.
    I am not that worried about the packaging as it is a childs ride-on toy which I believe will be fine as it is packaged and it's not a delicate item.

Am I right in thinking that they have accepted it so should deliver? If they had said when they were collecting it that it needed more packaging I wouldn't have had a problem with it but this seems totally ridiculous. I've used other couriers loads before and this has never happened.

Opinions please

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Need more info, How did you pack it?

Also, did you ask the carrier what their packaging requirements are or did you just assume?

Why should they take responsibility for an item that could be damaged if you've not packaged it right?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Most carriers reserve the right to not deliver something even if collected by a driver. Drivers are often contractors and collect stuff they shouldn't.

I think it's wrong, but you'll probably find their T&Cs allow them to do this.

Are they refunding anything of your fee for not delivering? Some just take a small amount for the first journey.

Advertisement