Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast to Australia £300

Options
  • 29-01-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/error-fare-uk-cities-australia-new-zealand-227-roundtrip/

Error fare flights from UK cities to Australia and New Zealand from only £234 roundtrip with Emirates and Qantas.

Appears to be an OTA Glitch.

Routes:
    Aberdeen – Perth: £234
    Edinburgh – Perth: £236
    Aberdeen – Brisbane: £248
    Edinburgh – Brisbane: £255
    Aberdeen – Melbourne: £264
    Edinburgh – Melbourne: £265
    Edinburgh – Sydney: £280
    Aberdeen – Sydney: £285
    Aberdeen – Adelaide: £285
    Belfast – Perth: £290
    Belfast – Adelaide: £304
    Belfast – Brisbane: £305
    Belfast – Melbourne: £316
    Edinburgh – Auckland: £327
    Aberdeen – Auckland: £333
    Belfast – Sydney: £359

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Edinburgh – Perth: £236

shortest flight ever? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Chances of it being honoured are slim to none I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll let ye know..

Me too, fingers toes and everything else x'ed but more in hope than expectation:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I can't go, but I sincerely hope this works for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If it walks like a duck.....etc.
    But best of luck..

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes before I know if flight is good or not?

I'd expect a phone-call within the next day or two..

.. no money has been reserved / taken off card yet anyways. My flight is recognised on Aer Lingus website so it's a bit up-in-the-air at the minute (no pun intended!).

Basq wrote: »
    I'd expect a phone-call within the next day or two..

.. no money has been reserved / taken off card yet anyways. My flight is recognised on Aer Lingus website so it's a bit up-in-the-air at the minute (no pun intended!).

I can't check my card online but can also see booking on Aer Lingus/Qantas websites. Still up in the air here too!!

Actually, the payment is down as "Pending" on my credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Hope this goes through for you. Iv missed the boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Checked with my CC today, payment has gone through (not pending) so still keeping everything crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've got my fingers crossed for those of you that jumped on this fare. I picked up a Shannon - Auckland flight last year for €630 and was delighted with that (flying it in March). I looked at this one, but there were no dates that suited me (was looking for later in the year) plus the belfast dept really doesn't suit living only 30min from SNN airport. EDI possibly would have been doable if the dates had worked. I haven't read much interest about these flights (even the flyertalk thread is very small when people would normally be jumping all over it) so I think you've got a good chance of it sticking.

Charge has now went from Pending to actually appearing on my bill. Think we're good!

Charge has now went from Pending to actually appearing on my bill. Think we're good!

Same here, still wary tho!! Passport going off to be renewed today in any case:D

Delighted for ye lads! Have a ball!!

A great ****ing spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Well done. Result I'd say. Have a blast.

So jealous! Was only in Oz last summer & dying to go back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Can take a few weeks for airline to realise their mistake, depends on uptake and comparison with real price. I think this one deletes UK landing instead of adding one hence the price.

Was gutted i missed the recent Alitalia screw up but that was ridiculously cheap. This one could definitely slip under the radar of Jan sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 final_triumph

Hello guys,

Lastminute.com, that I booked these ticket through, is comparable to Expedia.com that issue tickets very quickly and do not cancel them unless they have been instructed to do so by the airline. Furthermore, the main airline of my itinerary (Qantas) had honoured error fares in the past.

Given the above mentioned factors and the fact I have eticket numbers and confirmed payment as well as I am able to manage the reservation on the airlines page, do you think it should be good? Would you suggest to already start planning for the trip?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
    Jonas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Hello guys,

Lastminute.com, that I booked these ticket through, is comparable to Expedia.com that issue tickets very quickly and do not cancel them unless they have been instructed to do so by the airline. Furthermore, the main airline of my itinerary (Qantas) had honoured error fares in the past.

Given the above mentioned factors and the fact I have eticket numbers and confirmed payment as well as I am able to manage the reservation on the airlines page, do you think it should be good? Would you suggest to already start planning for the trip?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
    Jonas

No, I've had e tickets issued in past and money taken from account but tickets still cancelled several weeks later. If you're booking anything for the trip make sure it's free-cancellation / refundable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Early contender for BA of 2017 methinks. NIce one Basq.

Looks like this is cancelled now....... my booking no longer showing on Qantas website

Same! :(

Somewhat glad I didn't put those holidays from work in just yet now.

EDIT: Just spotted cancellation e-mail in my Spam!
    Screen_Shot_2017_02_07_at_12_26_38.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What a kick in the crotch, unlucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Bummer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

That's a bag of ****e! Sorry to hear it.

****e lads. Unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭epopnomis

nasty lads.... you win some you lose some ain't that the bargain alerts way....

Advertisement