Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Water Tap

Options
  • 29-01-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

My cold water tap could not be turned off this morning. It looks like the threads are damaged on the tap. As a result the toilet stopped filling also. I dont know why this would happen.

Why would the tank in the attic stop filling. I turned off the water to the bathroom for a bit in the hope the water to the tank in the attic would start again and this has not worked.

Why would the tank in the attic stop filling ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

Dad11 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

My cold water tap could not be turned off this morning. It looks like the threads are damaged on the tap. As a result the toilet stopped filling also. I dont know why this would happen.

Why would the tank in the attic stop filling. I turned off the water to the bathroom for a bit in the hope the water to the tank in the attic would start again and this has not worked.

Why would the tank in the attic stop filling ?
    Did you turn the stopcock off to stop the cold water tap running?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If the cold water tap is running then there might not enough pressure left to fill the attic tank

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

smjm wrote: »
    Did you turn the stopcock off to stop the cold water tap running?

I turned off the water to the bathroom. My thinking was this would allow the tank in attic to fill. This has not happened. I will repair or replace the tap tomorrow. I just don't get why the tank in attic is still not filling even after I turn off the cold water to the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

the cold tap may not have turned off because there was grit in it in which case the grit could also have blocked the filler valve in the attic tank

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Ok so I drained attic tank. Snaked the two holes were I believe the water comes through. Then allowed to refill and now water is slowly coming into cistern in the toilet and also through cold tap although very slowly. Weird! It's second time draining and snaking though so we will see if this resolves it

TPM wrote: »
    the cold tap may not have turned off because there was grit in it in which case the grit could also have blocked the filler valve in the attic tank

• Advertisement
Advertisement