Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vernacular for a callout used by each service?

• 29-01-2017 2:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭

Coast Guard - "Shout" (ICG Helo's are "Tasked"?)
    Fire Brigade - "Turnout"
    Ambulance ?
    Gardai ?
    Civ Defence/MR ?

Ta,
    ED-E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

NAS-dispatched?
    Gardai-called to/responded to
    Civil defence-Mobilised
    Mountain rescue-mobilised/responded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

NAS radio rings - "lads i need you to go mobile to a delta call in ___"

Radio rings - "when you're ready lads theres a non urgent GP call in ____": - - yeah we'll go mobile in 2 mins after we finish our tea

its the same in the ambo the button we press on the tetra in the vehicle when we go mobile. "mobile AS1". and it pops up on controls screen with the time we go

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

NAS: "Lads, we need ye to go mobile on a Delta that's most likely an Omega that doesn't deserve an ambulance. Oh, and throw your dinner in the bin plus you're going to get a late finish too".

That's how it seems to me anyway......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

NAS - We're not next up! and how the f^*k could we be the nearest ambulance to a call three counties away??

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭irishrgr

Locally:
    EMS: A response (or a call)
    Fire: An alarm
    Police: A Call
    EMS heli: Mission

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Garda vernacular????

Half hour before end of shift...

"Charlie One from Charlie Foxtrot"

Long pause as discussion ensues in car.

"Charlie One in, go ahead" (translation = "Don't you effin' dare...")

"Roger Charlie One..RTA at..."

"AH B******X!!!"

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

can second schindlers pissed. dinner time, everyone just sitting down/putting stuff in microwave

a radio rings from somewhere and the entire station at the same time looks at their radio and says "**** off". some bollocks delta call from THAT controller, im sure ye all have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It's a 'job' here in the NHS land.

Though almost everything comes through the MDT but dispatch will sometimes radio it through as 'Alpha 1234 I've a job for you in XYZ when your finished signing on, its a red 2'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RE the NAS, do you get all calls via radio then? Or if at base do you get a stereotypical bell that every kid hears visiting a fire station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

In the nhs service here it's a dual ringtone on the radio and then it pops up on the MDT. Before airwaves/tetra a big phone in the station would ring but that's at least 10 years ago here.

Occasionally control requests voice to pass on some information about the job but more often than not its all on the terminal. Or we have to chase control for more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

NAS: "Lads, we need ye to go mobile on a Delta that's most likely an Omega that doesn't deserve an ambulance. Oh, and throw your dinner in the bin plus you're going to get a late finish too".

That's how it seems to me anyway......

I actually got a genuine delta call that was actually big sick. Was weird...actually getting something right for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

ED E wrote: »
    RE the NAS, do you get all calls via radio then? Or if at base do you get a stereotypical bell that every kid hears visiting a fire station?

No bells we Get calls via tetra radio the ring tone is the stuff of nightmares especially the few mins before end of shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Bang Bang wrote: »
    and how the f^*k could we be the nearest ambulance to a call three counties away??

Lol had this the other night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sjb25 wrote: »
    No bells we Get calls via tetra radio the ring tone is the stuff of nightmares especially the few mins before end of shift

Having worked on call before hearing a beep just before clocking out resulted in a forehead planting itself firmly on the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

I'm hearing that bastard of a tetra in my sleep.....I was watching a UK police programme a while back and the officers tetra went off, first thing I did was reach for my hip......and I was at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Saying "over" when I'm on the phone. My own phone. Sitting at home. Ringing my Dad or the bank or "busty babes are waiting for you". :( over...

But as regards vernacular for a call? Well today it was mostly "I'm really sorry lads but...."

Advertisement