Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best actor out of all the soaps

Options
  • 29-01-2017 1:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

so who would you claim to be the best actor out of all the soaps?

Cain Dingle is one of the best I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Ray Meagher. The flamin' mongrel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Currently it has to be John Middleton playing Ashley Thomas on Emmerdale - just superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Are we talking soap actors still very much involved in soaps? Johnny Briggs as Mike Baldwin in Corrie until 2006 was another standout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Steve McFadden/Phil Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dermish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

guy pierce

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Cain, Ashley & Laurel - Emmerdale
    Phil, Ian and Stacey - EastEnders
    No one stands out in Corrie.
    In fairness all the above have all been involved in highly sensitive and emotional story lines so their acting abilities were highlighted.
    Don't think any actor has been too stretched on Corrie, in recent years.
    Storylines are awful.
    Maybe Leanne or Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Stacey - Eastenders

Few more from Eastenders and Emmerdale can't think of anyone major problem the ones in it a long time. They have the best of the storylines at the moment, bar the odd one from Home and Away/Neighbours.

Corrie some more outstanding than others. Marys character has got very good in the last few months. Michelle, Steve, Liz and Leanne. There are probably a few more can't think of top of my head. Phelan and tracey as good! The baddies usually the best! Corrie storylines gone a bit sluggish since Christmas hopefully improve.

Hollyoaks have a couple of very good actors/actresses. The ones in it a long time I think e.g Nancy and The Mcqueens. Very good storylines.

Fair City isn't too bad some storylines are good and have good actors mainly the longer standing ones like Niamh.

Red Rock they all very good! Storylines are gripping!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Jack P Shepherd (David Platt) deserves a mention.Was great even as a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

John Middleton in Emmerdale at the moment - deserves an Oscar never mind a soap award

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

JR Ewing. Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rarariot

richard hillman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Colin Farrell, I think he was in one of the Irish soaps. .. He's the most successful I can think of, and I'm really surprised any actor who had a part in an Irish soap such as FC world go on to better things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Colin Farrell, I think he was in one of the Irish soaps. .. He's the most successful I can think of, and I'm really surprised any actor who had a part in an Irish soap such as FC world go on to better things.

Ballykissangel

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Danny Miller - Aaron in Emmerdale - is just class, he was amazing in the child abuse storyline.

Soaps are hard to judge because some actors are good at drama, some are good at comedy, some can do both. Villains are often more convincing or dramatic so get more notice than the "nice" characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

My favourite baddie at the moment is Phelan from Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Macdara Ó Fátharta plays Tadhg Ó Direáin in Ros na Run.

He plays a barman with a constant under current of menace/scheming.

Unfortunately, more often then not he is let down by a poor script, lately.

http://www.rosnarun.com/images/characterWiki/Tadhg.jpg

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Larry Lamb during his time as Archie in Eastenders. He exuded just the right amount of charm and menace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Clair from fair city for his very threatening famous one line

"Stay out of mallow"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya never know.......getting a part in the local panto would be a big step for any of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

starlit wrote: »
    Stacey - Eastenders

Fair City isn't too bad some storylines are good and have good actors mainly the longer standing ones like Niamh!

Couldn't agree any less with the above. The quality of acting in Fair City is woeful and not getting any better, imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Roy in Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Currently it has to be John Middleton playing Ashley Thomas on Emmerdale - just superb.

He really is a stand out, amazing performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Corrie. Present: Jack P Shepard, Chris Gascogne , and Ben Price.
    Past: Suranne Jones, Kathryn Kelly, Michelle Keegan.

Advertisement