Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Break

Options
  • 28-01-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm applying for a career break before February 1st. Does anyone know can you do superintendent while on career break? Also I've read that you can do up to 140 hours of subbing during the career break year. However it states you can't work otherwise within the country unless self employed. Has anyone worked at another job which is put through the books here in Ireland while on career break?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

Also wondering the answer to this if anyone knows? I have applied to supervise already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

keanocar wrote: »
    I'm applying for a career break before February 1st. Does anyone know can you do superintendent while on career break? Also I've read that you can do up to 140 hours of subbing during the career break year. However it states you can't work otherwise within the country unless self employed. Has anyone worked at another job which is put through the books here in Ireland while on career break?
    Up to 300 hrs per yr at 2nd level subject to bom approval and they cant legally stop you working any job you want once you get your career break.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you can work as a superintendent on career break. You can also correct, should you be completely mental. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

spurious wrote: »
    Yes you can work as a superintendent on career break. You can also correct, should you be completely mental. :)

Is that counted as part of the 300 hours? I think the SEC employment is not considered part of teaching!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SEC work is not counted as part of those hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement