Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gtx 1070

Options
  • 28-01-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

i'm looking at getting a gtx 1070 but not sure what 1. Does it matter what 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I can't seem to find the article I based my decision off of, but I looked at most of the third-party 1080s - ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, Palit, Zotac, etc. - and ended up going with Palit. They have the quietest cooler, and it performs within the top three, of about ten cards tested.

Also, I wouldn't bother with overclocked versions, unless the price difference is very small. GPU Boost pretty much makes it irrelevant.

This it the 1070 I ended up going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

is www.mindfactory.de ok to buy from? or is there some where better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Mindfactory is totally fine. Lots of people here (including myself) have used them a lot. They charge a flat €30 shipping though, so you might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else, depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

i was just looking at EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

tosh_2006 wrote: »
    i was just looking at EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

EVGA had major problems with their ACX cooler based cards. Thermal pads had to be added to the coolers which EVGA would do if sent back or send you out the pads to do yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Venom wrote: »
    EVGA had major problems with their ACX cooler based cards. Thermal pads had to be added to the coolers which EVGA would do if sent back or send you out the pads to do yourself.

Disclaimer: Own an EVGA card

Major is overstating it a bit. One or two problems with people running Furmark for hours up on hours. Pads are now installed on new cards, and aren't even required on the old cards, although I might get round to doing mine eventually.

Advertisement