Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's waking my screen?

Options
  • 28-01-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a OnePlus One on 6.0.1 which has recently developed a problem whereby from time to time the screen will turn on (presenting the lock screen) for no apparent reason.

At night I put the phone in airplane mode and stand it in a charging dock beside my bed but the random screen on several times a night is a pain as it wakes me up.

I know I can simply scrap the charging stand, plug the phone into a normal charger at night and place it screen down but before I accept that's what I have to do can anyone give me a steer on how I can figure out and stop whatever it is that's prompting the screen to turn on from time to time?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Try Gsam battery monitor. Even without root you can use adb commands to get very detailed battery stats and info about wake locks and the like. Might point you in the direction of an offending app.

While I would ordinarily say to check for a recent app install that might have caused it, there may also have been an existing app update that triggered the behavior too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have a charging stand like that that I use for when the phone is in wifi hotspot mode at weekends down home and sometimes I look at it and even though nothing has touched it the charging light will be off. If I bang my fist on the table it will come back on and start charging again, doesn't happen all the time but it definitely happens. Plugging or unplugging a charger activates the screen on my Oneplus, I'd say that might be your problem, a USB cable makes a way tighter connection than a stand.

Advertisement