Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone is very slow.

Options
  • 28-01-2017 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

A couple of days ago I bought a brand new Sony Xperia XA Ultra. The phone is very slow and the apps won't work right, for example, when I open snap chat, it will freeze after about 5 seconds every time. The signal never goes above 2 bars with the little H above it, the signal was usually good with my old phone. Does anyone know what's wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Comments

Kilroyss wrote: »
    A couple of days ago I bought a brand new Sony Xperia XA Ultra. The phone is very slow and the apps won't work right, for example, when I open snap chat, it will freeze after about 5 seconds every time. The signal never goes above 2 bars with the little H above it, the signal was usually good with my old phone. Does anyone know what's wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Do you have plenty of available storage on the device?

Is your signal actually bad, or is it just the bars? Different devices show different signal strength, even if the actual signal is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kilroyss

Basil3 wrote: »
    Do you have plenty of available storage on the device?

Is your signal actually bad, or is it just the bars? Different devices show different signal strength, even if the actual signal is the same.

Yeah it's a 16 GB phone, I only have 3 apps installed on it. The signal is bad, Internet connection is very slow, sometimes it doesn't even connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

If you have only 3 apps id start with a factory reset.

Failing that I would be returning it for a refund.

Yeah it's a 16 GB phone, I only have 3 apps installed on it. The signal is bad, Internet connection is very slow, sometimes it doesn't even connect.

You definitely have the correct APN settings? It was purchased from a local mobile shop?

Do you get an error message when Snapchat freezes?

Basil3 wrote: »
    You definitely have the correct APN settings? It was purchased from a local mobile shop?

Do you get an error message when Snapchat freezes?

I don't know, I'll check that. I bought it in Argos. Yeah an error message comes up. I tried restarting the app, the phone and really installing it, still the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you have an SD card inserted, if so what class is the SD card? Is the issue the same when on WIFI as on data from the phone?

I don't know, I'll check that. I bought it in Argos. Yeah an error message comes up. I tried restarting the app, the phone and really installing it, still the same thing

Google says that disabling OK Google could stop the Snapchat crashing.

If that doesn't solve it, do what Sentent 6 says....factory reset, test that, then return. I would try running it for a while after your factory reset without installing your user apps. One of them could be causing your issues.

Do you have an SD card inserted, if so what class is the SD card? Is the issue the same when on WIFI as on data from the phone?

I do, it's only a 2GB one. I haven't connected it to WiFi yet, I'll have to wait for Monday to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I do, it's only a 2GB one. I haven't connected it to WiFi yet, I'll have to wait for Monday to do that.

What class though?

Not size...

If it's a 2GB one but a class 4 it will be slow as hell, should be looking at class 10 these days....

Anyway Sony phones are full of Sony bloatware and Sony launchers, I wouldn't buy one personally....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try removing the SD card, restart the phone and see how the speed is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement