Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low hcg

Options
  • 27-01-2017 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey just looking for some advise please. Found out I was preg 2 weeks ago after many years trying for a little bub. Found out I had 2 blocked tubes which were reopened, thankfully. Fast forward 7 weeks later and I am preg 😊
    For the past 2 days I had a mild twinge on left tubal area side, down that low.. went to my doc who then forwarded me to my local a&e who done a preg hormone blood test. This came back as 86. She said I've either had a miscarriage or having an early miscarriage. I've had no bleeding whatsoever. Has anybody ever had this before. Gestational age 4 weeks 5 days from date of last cycle. I'm really praying for some hope here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭fits

No experience of same but have to respond. Sorry to hear you are going through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am sorry OP. Have you looked at what your levels should be at 4 weeks pregnant? Google would show that it should be from about 500+. I know it doesn't help much but it would seem that the unblocking of your tubes worked. I lost my first pregnancy in September and although it was extremely difficult, I hold solice in the fact that I can get pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

I am sorry OP. Have you looked at what your levels should be at 4 weeks pregnant? Google would show that it should be from about 500+. I know it doesn't help much but it would seem that the unblocking of your tubes worked. I lost my first pregnancy in September and although it was extremely difficult, I hold solice in the fact that I can get pregnant.

I am back up tomorrow for my repeat blood test to see have they dropped any further, or any way risen. Obviously I am hoping to hear the Better news. I've never gone through anything like this. So sorry to hear you lost your little Angel. It really is so difficult especially when you have been trying so long

Elaine22 wrote: »
    I am back up tomorrow for my repeat blood test to see have they dropped any further, or any way risen. Obviously I am hoping to hear the Better news. I've never gone through anything like this. So sorry to hear you lost your little Angel. It really is so difficult especially when you have been trying so long

It is so difficult and at times can be very isolating. Mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Just had to write to see how you are. How did the hospital go?
    I have been in your position. Was told I'd had a missed miscarriage which is basically where I'd had the miscarriage but no symptoms yet. I was devastated.
    Hope you are ok.

• Advertisement

dreamstar wrote: »
    Just had to write to see how you are. How did the hospital go?
    I have been in your position. Was told I'd had a missed miscarriage which is basically where I'd had the miscarriage but no symptoms yet. I was devastated.
    Hope you are ok.

Hey ya, my apologies for the delay in coming back. Went for a repeat blood test and they were 111, again yesterday and they were only 122. They done an internal scan and they are 100% sure it is an ectopic. Absoutely devastated. Have to go back tomorrow for more bloods and another scan to confirm. But they could see a little black circle behind the right ovary (from what I remember her saying). They told me to bring a bag as I may be admitted. I have a slight shoulder pain which I know can be a sign of ectopic but absolutely no traces of bleeding what so ever. It has taken us 7 years to get here and for this to happen it is absoutely devastating. Feel like I can't cope

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hey ya, my apologies for the delay in coming back. Went for a repeat blood test and they were 111, again yesterday and they were only 122. They done an internal scan and they are 100% sure it is an ectopic. Absoutely devastated. Have to go back tomorrow for more bloods and another scan to confirm. But they could see a little black circle behind the right ovary (from what I remember her saying). They told me to bring a bag as I may be admitted. I have a slight shoulder pain which I know can be a sign of ectopic but absolutely no traces of bleeding what so ever. It has taken us 7 years to get here and for this to happen it is absoutely devastating. Feel like I can't cope

I am so so sorry for your loss. While I don't know what you are going through, I had a missed miscarriage after 3 years of trying, 2 rounds of IUI and a round of IVF so I know the feeling of not being about to cope with a loss.

Be good to yourself, maybe go and talk to someone about your grief. Time will help, but I know that that knowledge does nothing to ease the pain today.

Huge hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Thinking of you Elaine. Sometimes life is so cruel. It's hard to make sense of it all.

Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to talk about how you feel x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Elaine I'm so sorry. Losing a pregnancy is so hard and I can only imagine how devastated you are after 7 years trying.
    Just talk when you need to and be angry when you need to. Take it day by day.
    I'm so sorry. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I'm so so sorry Elaine. I'll never understand how life can be so cruel and how much some of us have to go through to create our families. Will be thinking of you and sending love ❤️️

• Advertisement

Thumpette wrote: »
    I'm so so sorry Elaine. I'll never understand how life can be so cruel and how much some of us have to go through to create our families. Will be thinking of you and sending love ❤️️

Hey everyone. Would like to thank ye all for the love & support. Hugs to each & everyone of ye that have lost all your beautiful angels 💓💓💓

Unfortunately I'm still no further on than what I was when I presented myself to A&E a week tomorrow. Bloods are only rising extremely slow, last Fri was 86 and today was 136 for my dates being 5 weeks 2 days. 😢😢 they want me to come back on Monday for repeat bloods & repeat scan. This is very frustrating as they are leaving me on the long finger, they haven't indefinitely confirmed it being an ectopic but hcg levels prob confirm all this. I literally have no symptoms whatsoever of an ectopic so I find it very confusing. Anyways maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hey everyone. Would like to thank ye all for the love & support. Hugs to each & everyone of ye that have lost all your beautiful angels 💓💓💓

Unfortunately I'm still no further on than what I was when I presented myself to A&E a week tomorrow. Bloods are only rising extremely slow, last Fri was 86 and today was 136 for my dates being 5 weeks 2 days. 😢😢 they want me to come back on Monday for repeat bloods & repeat scan. This is very frustrating as they are leaving me on the long finger, they haven't indefinitely confirmed it being an ectopic but hcg levels prob confirm all this. I literally have no symptoms whatsoever of an ectopic so I find it very confusing. Anyways maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Fecking 8th amendment making a horrendous time worse.
    They won't tell you, but that's why they're dragging it out, their hands are tied.

Hugs to you. Went through a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in late 2014. Felt like the world was ending and we'd never get there, yet here I am with a four month old. May you have the same luck.

Fecking 8th amendment making a horrendous time worse.
    They won't tell you, but that's why they're dragging it out, their hands are tied.

Hugs to you. Went through a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in late 2014. Felt like the world was ending and we'd never get there, yet here I am with a four month old. May you have the same luck.

It is so frustrating, they have said they are nearly sure this is an ectopic and they don't think it will last any time late next week. They have said it's something they are hoping it will "solve" itself. I didn't think you could pass an ectopic.
    My main concern is I had 2 blocked tubes and thankfully through an amazing doctor, He 're opened them that this will end up rupturing my tube. My left tube wouldn't be the best and the ectopic is in the right one, so they say. Monday honestly can't come quick enough now.
    Congratulations on your baby, we already have a little man who is 10 and a half so I suppose we are lucky to have one. Would be so happy to be able to become a mummy again and to give my son a little brother/sister that he so desperately wants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Ugh. Dunno if it's any comfort but following my missed miscarriage I had a Fallopian tube removed due to a cyst. Got pregnant with my son the following month.

Not that I'd want to risk it in your situation. Would it be worth trying for treatment in Northern Ireland tomorrow? I wouldn't risk flying but a drive might be doable and they could probably tell you over the phone if it's a possibility. At least you wouldn't spend the weekend on tenterhooks and you'd have a better chance at saving the good tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Having previously suffered an ectopic pregnancy myself my heart goes out to you.
    If it is indeed an ectopic it needs to be treated sooner rather than later.

Xdancer wrote: »
    Having previously suffered an ectopic pregnancy myself my heart goes out to you.
    If it is indeed an ectopic it needs to be treated sooner rather than later.

Hey ya, so sorry about your ectopic, it really is devastating. Do you mind me asking you what symptoms did you have please x

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Hey ya, so sorry about your ectopic, it really is devastating. Do you mind me asking you what symptoms did you have please x

My ectopic wasn't caught until I was about 7 weeks and by the time I arrived at the hospital my tube had already ruptured and I was bleeding internally :(
    I hadn't noticed any symptoms before that. No pains or cramps, no unusual bleeding or anything.
    On the day I ended up in hospital I had very bad cramping....As in extreme cramping so that I couldn't even stand. Looking back on it I wonder if there was something I missed, but I really don't think so, I didn't have the usual early symptoms.

That was 6 years ago (first pregnancy) but I was lucky enough to go on to have a successful problem free pregnancy afterwards and my daughter has just turned 5.

Hey everyone. Update unfortunately not great. Got the mtx shot today, devastated is an understatement. Just wasnt our time. Lots of love to ye all and huge thanks for the love & support

Hey everyone. Update unfortunately not great. Got the mtx shot today, devastated is an understatement. Just wasnt our time. Lots of love to ye all and huge thanks for the love & support

I am so sorry for your loss. I really feel for you but you are right- it just wasn't your time. You got pregnant though, so hold onto that. Mind yourself x

Advertisement