Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leap card not topped up?

Options
  • 27-01-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey guys, just topped up my leapcard for the 30 day rambler today but it hasn't got through for the past few hours (half of the day pretty much). checked online as well and it doesn't show that i purchased the ticket, just my credit. this is the first time i notice that it's not going through, is there a specific amount of waiting or there's a chance they just didn't put it through?

i don't have a chance to check it unless i'm getting on the bus and i wouldn't like having to pay with the actual credit since i already gave up over a 100 euro for this :(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How did you top up? If online, what load location?

The website lags the card by up to a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3 viccrux

thanks for quick response!

topped up right at the dublin bus office. pretty sure their system should be like credit top up in any shop and should be showing up on the card right away? that's the only reason i'm worried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

viccrux wrote: »
    hey guys, just topped up my leapcard for the 30 day rambler today but it hasn't got through for the past few hours (half of the day pretty much). checked online as well and it doesn't show that I purchased the ticket, just my credit. this is the first time i notice that it's not going through, is there a specific amount of waiting or there's a chance they just didn't put it through?

I don't have a chance to check it unless i'm getting on the bus and i wouldn't like having to pay with the actual credit since i already gave up over a 100 euro for this :(

There is a SCV/Load Point in the Dublin Bus HQ Window,where you could check the Status of the Card.

Even if you do have to pay from your Purse,you can then claim a refund from Leapcard,based upon the timescale of the Rambler's purchase.

There could have been a System problem....loads of potential for stuff to happen really ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you have, or can access a recent Android phone, use the app to read the card and it'll show what's on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 viccrux

thanks guys i'll try to get it scanned :)
    i was just pissed off because i work + go to college all week long and trying to get it checked would mean really going out of the way and is such an inconvenience

• Advertisement
Advertisement