Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy parts for new build?

Options
  • 27-01-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be gathering parts for my new PC build soon, and I wonder where is the best place to get them.

Last year, I built a PC for my friend, where he bought all the parts of komplett.ie
    All went well, there was one part (PSU) which developed a problem, and komplett arranged free pickup and replaced it for new part without any hassle.

However I don't find their prices too attractive - even though they are probably more attractive than anywhere else in Ireland.

What about buying at mindfactory.de
    On a whole built I could save probably between €150 to €200 comparing to buying at komplett.ie?

Does anyone know what is the story with shipping? They say it's €29.99 to Ireland, but does that include multiple parts needed for a PC build including PSU and chassis? My German is not great so I don't understand everything from their website.

Any other places worth looking at?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Everything except the case will be packed into 1 large box for €30 - however the case itself would add another €30 shipping, so might as well get that from Amazon (UK/DE/FR).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Amazon and Komplett is where I buy everything, apart from difficult to get bits, then I take the risk with someone like OCUK. I have frequently had stuff go pop - I'm a very heavy user tbf - and unless the cost is over 10-15% more I'll go with service every time.

I bought a Z77 sabertooth in 2012, Komplett replaced it for the second time under warranty there about 2 weeks ago, albeit with a different board, refunded the difference and let me have the replacement board while they were sorting the RMA on the old board. You simply don't get that level of service with anyone other than Komplett/Amazon. It's not for everyone though and there's something to be said for getting stuff as cheap as possible if it's not critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

Just placed an order yesterday with mindfactory.de for processor, motherboard, RAM, SSD and power supply...as indicated by K.o.Kiki...all ship in one box for 29.99...am expecting delivery next week sometime..ordering was fine ...needed google translate to get through registering etc...but all was complete in less than an hour ...hopefully delivery will be equally as smooth.
    ..similar to previous posts I ordered case from amazon.co.uk to save on shipping (also used addresspal.ie).

Update:
    all parts received...took about 2 weeks for delivery from Mindfactory.
    got the case from amazon.co.uk (via addresspal)
    Everything installed and working perfectly. no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dado82rm

Hi As per title sorry if i am going out of thread,
    can you tell me what do you mean by
    (via addresspal.ie) using amazon.co.uk

i am looking to buy parts and im using pcpartpicker
    with that addresspal.ie can i buy using amazon.de?
    or is only working for the uk one?

How ddoes it works?
    Thanks in Advance

• Advertisement

dado82rm wrote: »
    Hi As per title sorry if i am going out of thread,
    can you tell me what do you mean by
    (via addresspal.ie) using amazon.co.uk

i am looking to buy parts and im using pcpartpicker
    with that addresspal.ie can i buy using amazon.de?
    or is only working for the uk one?

How ddoes it works?
    Thanks in Advance

addresspal.ie is only for UK deliveries.

Advertisement