Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you leave your kit powered on all the time?

Options
  • 27-01-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am really enjoying this thread. As I mentioned in a previous thread up until recently I have been using Xiaomi kit. That was until I bought a dot on adverts. Since buying it I have invested in Hue lights, Netatmo thermostat and TP plugs.

While using the Mi Home kit I only switched it on in an ad hoc way. I did not leave it on all the time. Do you guys leave your kit, wifi, dot etc all the time? Have you noticed any cost implications e.g. energy costs? Does the benefit outweigh the costs?

I am assuming that I will need to keep wifi on all the time and use the tp plugs gor other electrical devices?

When a hue bulb is off via the app or alexa I am assuming that it is not costing anywhere near as mucj as when it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Can a mod please remove this duplicate post and apologies. Thanks

Advertisement