Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China ebay item not working.

Options
  • 26-01-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I bought an IP cam on ebay. Its turns out that it does not work.

It says returns must be paid for by buyer in at the bottom of the page.

I dont even want to guess what An post would charge but im sure it would be as much as the 35 euro cam.

What can I do to get a refund without forking out for postage. It not my fault that he sells crap...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lvstar

This is why id advise never buy from china . The items are very very poor quality . Or if they do arrive any bit acceptable for use, well then its going to break soon. You can try ask seller send out another one or you will leve bad review since its not your fault item was damaged and posting item wont pay you. Usually they post another one rather have bad review. But please do not purchase crap .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Lvstar wrote: »
    This is why id advise never buy from china . The items are very very poor quality . Or if they do arrive any bit acceptable for use, well then its going to break soon. You can try ask seller send out another one or you will leve bad review since its not your fault item was damaged and posting item wont pay you. Usually they post another one rather have bad review. But please do not purchase crap .

I have bought lots items before from there. Even electrical items, and never had a problem other than them never arriving . Dashcams and other security stuff. Hey they are cheap, but items over 40 euro should work .

I have tried everything, but the cam will not show up on my devise list.

Junk. I just wish he tested it.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222187369219?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Plug it in, turn off the lights in the room (so its dark).

Then point your smartphone at it, open the camera. If you see a purpleish glow it may be working and you just have a networking issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

ipcam.jpg It seems to be working on the cam side, I might post the problem in the tech forum. Thanks
    ED E wrote: »
    Plug it in, turn off the lights in the room (so its dark).

Then point your smartphone at it, open the camera. If you see a purpleish glow it may be working and you just have a networking issue.

Advertisement