Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Sapphire RX 480 8GB to choose?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mindfactory.DE have a few cheaper models - this MSI in particular looks good, though PowerColor, XFX & Gigabyte are all decent too IIRC.

Shipping is ~€30.

In regards to the models you tried to link, 1208MHz is the standard core clock; 1342MHz is the boost clock.
    Come to PC Building & Upgrading for more help.

For €300 price point though, the R9 Fury is faster than the RX 480 - it requires a bit more juice to run but it's faster in games.
    And it's big.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Trying to find out if my computer has a 8 pin PCI Express power connector or would it be standard. I know my r9 270 uses a 6 pin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DarraghR wrote: »
    Trying to find out if my computer has a 8 pin PCI Express power connector or would it be standard. I know my r9 270 uses a 6 pin

Open it up & check if your GPU's 6-pin has an extra 2 pins hanging off its loom.

Both cards are AMD so is it necessary to unintelligible any drivers or related software before putting in my 480 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

uninstall? yes, I would.

In the past I would have used a driver cleaner program to uninstall any traces of the old driver. Now I think when you install the new one it will give you the option of uninstalling the old one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Personally I format windows when getting a new well anything but i reformat every 6 months or so anyway.

I will use AMD CleanUninstall Utility and see how that goes.

So I got my card setup last night and ran into a problem. When I run games at ultra settings the whole PC powers off and restarts. My card is the overclocked version so could this be down to my power supply even though its 500 watts?

Hopefully the new drivers will resolve it but if it is my power supply what program would people recommend to underclock? MSI after burner?

Advertisement