Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery/Eurosport could leave Sky

Options
  • 26-01-2017 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭

As per this: http://www.thejournal.ie/discovery-channels-sky-3206618-Jan2017/ (and loads of other stories), there's a dispute between Sky and Discovery which, if not solved by next Tuesday, could lead to the Discovery and Eurosport channels (Animal Planet, Discovery HD, Discovery History, Discovery Home & Health, Discovery Science, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo, DMAX, Eurosport1, Eurosport2, Investigation Discovery, Quest and TLC) being removed from Sky on February 1st.

Do people think this is likely to happen? I would guess (without knowing) that Sky wouldn't lose too many customers, but the viewership of those channels could go off a cliff, so I assume Sky can afford to play hardball?

Has something like this happened in the past where the channels went ahead and removed themselves from Sky (or similar)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Thread on this in the satellite forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Cush wrote: »
    Thread on this in the satellite forum.

Whoops, assumed it'd be a broadcasting issue - thanks. I was wondering why it was so quiet here... :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Only affects Sky so satellite. I thought I'd done the previous move so as to leave a redirect, obviously I did something wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement