Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor calibration service (Ennis, or around in co. Clare)

Options
  • 26-01-2017 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,

does anyone provide a monitor calibration service in Ennis or somewhere near Ennis in county Clare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Hi, I can't see a monitor profiling service working out very well, let me explain:
    Any Professional, in any field would need to charge in the region of €50 call out fee to travel to somebody's premises to undertake any kind of work.
    Profiling a monitor is not a once off task, as brightness and contrast get changed, and Monitors output changes over time, so it's recommended to calibrate at least once a month. That's €600 for one year.
    You can purchase a quality calibrator for less that the cost of four "visits", so.....
    One possible, affordable option would be for group of friends, or Photo Club to share one device - great in theory, but in practice it may not work out so well.

'Just my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aibo

maybe there is someone in the area with a calibrator, who will read this topic and respond with helpful intentions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Aibo wrote: »
    maybe there is someone in the area with a calibrator, who will read this topic and respond with helpful intentions ;)

That reply was helpful.

Your reply was just dismissive and ungrateful for the valid advice given. The winkie smiley doesn't negate that.

[helpful_intentions]
    Buy one yourself, for the reasons outlined above, because he's right about all of it. ;)
    [/helpful_intentions]

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aibo

Oh Buddha, you're so right in your rightfulness of judging others...you're a God, you can't be wrong...

to the topic and the reply "One possible, affordable option would be for group of friends, or Photo Club to share one device". so I thought maybe someone, that is into photography in the area, can share the device (I would pay), so - what's wrong with the helpful intentions?

Advertisement