Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlife in carlow

Options
  • 26-01-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello Carlovians.
    The wife and I will be in Carlow this weekend. What's the nightlife like? We're both early 30's and will be looking for somewhere relaxed with a few craft beers on tap and the like. Somewhere that serves wine too preferably. Any late bars? Don't want to be heading to the Foundry though I did enjoy it the time I was there 12 years ago.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

There's a new place that opened a week or two ago - Cava Gastro Pub. Might be a nice place to check out? Not sure if they do Craft Beer though...seems to be focused on cocktails and whiskey/gin etc.

Otherwise the Irishmans is a nice pub, or Carpe Diem next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

morrisseys on dublin st is the place for good craft beer (and excellent pizza, even though its a pub)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Hello Carlovians.
    The wife and I will be in Carlow this weekend. What's the nightlife like? We're both early 30's and will be looking for somewhere relaxed with a few craft beers on tap and the like. Somewhere that serves wine too preferably. Any late bars? Don't want to be heading to the Foundry though I did enjoy it the time I was there 12 years ago.

Thanks in advance

Head to Tullys. They've a great craft beer selection. Maybe 8 or so on tap, and more than that in bottles.

Carpe Diem have a few craft taps (prob just O Haras and 12 acres) and they have some more in bottle. They do wine on tap, and prosecco on tap too.

Both are decent spots.

Morrisseys is good but quiet. Haven't been in Cava so couldn't say.

For a late bar along those lines, you have the Med, the Barracks, and the Terrace.

Head to Tullys. They've a great craft beer selection. Maybe 8 or so on tap, and more than that in bottles.

Carpe Diem have a few craft taps (prob just O Haras and 12 acres) and they have some more in bottle. They do wine on tap, and prosecco on tap too.

Both are decent spots.

Morrisseys is good but quiet. Haven't been in Cava so couldn't say.

For a late bar along those lines, you have the Med, the Barracks, and the Terrace.

outside of 12 acres, ive yet to get a decent craft beer in tullys. doesnt help that the staff look at you like youve five heads if you ask what their craft beer selection is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

maccored wrote: »
    outside of 12 acres, ive yet to get a decent craft beer in tullys. doesnt help that the staff look at you like youve five heads if you ask what their craft beer selection is

I've never had that experience there myself and i would be there often enough. But i usually just stick to the O'Haras stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

maccored wrote: »
    Never found that myself.
    All the taps are at the end of the bar so its easy to see what's there. I've been offered samples before I bought too.

Happens me all the time. A) the staff are usually too busy and B) Ive been told the last three times I was in there they didnt have craft beer (though they do)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Producer Ben

Thanks for the tips lads .

Advertisement