Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Mode coming for Windows Insiders

Options
  • 26-01-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭

From the vid below, this is going live shortly for Insiders on the quickest update cycle.
    I assume those on other cycles will get it in a week or so!

It appears to be compatible with any game, which goes against rumours that it'd only work with MS store games.

I'm excited anyway :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Linux hates it! Try this 1 weird trick to boost your game performance now! pfft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nothing wrong with the concept of a game mode Bob, as long as it actually does what it claims :)

We'd all be on linux, if we could play all new released games on the day of release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

reminds me of the windows 95/98 days where you ctrl+alt+deleted and stopped a whole load of processes before trying to play command and conquer/rise of the triad

Wossack wrote: »
    reminds me of the windows 95/98 days where you ctrl+alt+deleted and stopped a whole load of processes before trying to play command and conquer/rise of the triad

Yup, I remember the process ending to try get a game to run smoothly.
    Anything that didn't look important got killed!
    It could have been vital, I was just guessing mostly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its live for insiders now but hopefully its an option I never have to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maybe I'm just being needlessly optimistic, but I see a game mode as keeping your experience stable, not making it run better initially.
    Especially on modern hardware and the optimisations done by geforce experience, before the game even starts.
    Stopping mail servers from being pinged, live tiles updating, windows update checking if it has the daily Defender update. That kinda stuff.
    The best thing a game mode can do, is make you think it's not doing anything.

Anyway, every comment section I read is just lining up to shít all over this, so I guess MS can't win :(

Advertisement