Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon

Options
  • 25-01-2017 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading here for a break. I was wondering what would be an ideal time of the year to go in terms of pleasant weather (not scorching hot) and also how many days would you think would be needed to enjoy a city break their and to see a lot of the sights etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If you don't want scorching, avoid July/august.
    Take a week and stay on the outskirts for best value.
    They have a good rail / bus system
    I've been going over the last 15 years and am still finding new places to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

If you don't want scorching, avoid July/august.
    Take a week and stay on the outskirts for best value.
    They have a good rail / bus system
    I've been going over the last 15 years and am still finding new places to visit.

Thanks. Unfortunately I would have to stay in Lisbon (voucher to use and the hotel choices are based in Lisbon). How many days would you think would be needed for a well worth visit and can you suggest things that must be done as a tourist.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Lisbon is amazing! I think five days would be perfect. You could probably do it in four if you wanted. There are several distinct parts of the city (bario alto, alfma, expo area, etc). You could spend half a day in each area.

For a big city people are surprisingly friendly. Great seafood everywhere and reasonably priced too.

Definitely go to Sintra. It's a full day but worth it. Get the train. There are two palaces and moorish fortress on a hill/mountain. Stunning views. One of my favourite places ever. In one of the palaces there is a secret garden. Hidden paths/tunnels. Just lovely.

Advertisement