Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy

Options
  • 25-01-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I am planning a holiday in May to Italy more specifically to Tuscany. Would it be possible to see Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano and Siena in one week? and still not be rushing like crazy. Florence would be the only place that's a dead certain as I want to see Brunelleschi's Dome and all the famous art and architecture. Also any suggestions would be welcome. Cheers.

P.S I will have to fly into Pisa as I am going from Seville.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Sorry to find your post this late.

I'm Italian and live in Italy.

I think it's possible, but it depends on how much you want to visit in each place. San Gimignano: one morning or afternoon can be good; Florence: at least two days, I'd say. Siena: one day. But also just a afternoon will be fine, if you are satisfied to see just the major sights and museums, like the Palazzo Pubblico, in Piazza del Campo.Sorry to find your post this late.

I'm Italian and live in Italy.

I think it's possible, but it depends on how much you want to visit in each place. San Gimignano: one morning or afternoon can be good; Florence: at least two days, I'd say. Siena: one day. But also just a afternoon will be fine, if you are satisfied to see just the major sights and museums, like Palazzo Pubblico, in Piazza del Campo.
    Pisa: never been there, but for the major places one day can do.

So yes, you can do it in a week without worries and taking it quite easy, especially if you are moving with a car and have rented places where to sleep in advance.

Enjoy your holiday!
    Pisa: never seen it, but for the major places, one day can do.

So yes, you can do it in a week without worries and taking it quite easy, especially if you are moving with a car and have rented places where to sleep in advance.

Enjoy your holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I did Pisa Lucca and Florence and the beach in Viarregio in five days. Whew! Was busy and you need good walking shoes.....

Maybe cut back a bit. I think you could possibly leave out San Gim and Siena this time. Honestly the rest as mentioned above is stunning. Florence very very early in the morning. First train out. You get to see the place before the hordes descend.

Wonderful part of the world although Florence is rammed with tourists so be prepared for the pushing and shoving. All good natured though.

Then again you could omit Lucca and do the rest.

Depends on you.

Advertisement