Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool showers

Options
  • 25-01-2017 5:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Hi, I want to finally get some adult swimming lessons but have a question about the pool showers. The place I want to get the lessons says it has communal showers and changing area. I've never been to a gym/pool before but does everyone men/women/children just shower in the communal area? While I don't mind showering next to adults, I would feel really uncomfortable showering naked if there were kids around. Or do most people shower with trunks on before and after using the pool? Sorry for the strange question, but this shower thing has me flummoxed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

You can still shower with your swim togs on, just get in and around your wobbly bits and rinse.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

It might just mean there are individual changing cubicles and shower cubicles for all to use. You might not have to wave your wobbly bits in front of anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Most places have an open communal area for everyone to rinse off right beside the pool. Some will have male/female shower areas and changing rooms either in addition to or instead of the above.
    Others will have individual changing cubicles, with shared showers.
    A rare few will have private individual showers.
    Why don't you tell us where it is; some one here may well have experience and tell you exactly what to expect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Derrynaflank

Its Leisureworld Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Can't help you, sorry. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Leisureworld Bishopstown has communal changing area but they're private cubicles.

There's a rinse off shower area before entering the pool where you rinse yourself (togs on!!) before and after.

There are 3 private lockable shower cubicles as well where you can go into shower properly but you couldn't change in them, so cover yourself when walking from them back to your changing cubicle in the communal area :-) Hope that helps...

Leisureworld Churchfield has the same set up I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Derrynaflank

Thanks carav10 so much, its great to know the rinse off area is togs on! You've really put my mind at ease.

Advertisement