Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bios chip programmer repair in Dublin (or suggestions for repair)

Options
  • 25-01-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, hope somebody can help me here. I think it is the BIOS chip but i am open to correction (I had to change the title 3 times :) ).

Edit > sorry i forgot to mention the model and board.
    The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5740-6491
    and the motherboard is 48.4gd01.01m

I have removed the ram, cmos battery, normal battery and held power down for 30 seconds etc.
    With the battery in, I can press power and the laptop will power on fan spins up for a second and then stops, the LEDs, light up and stay lit . No display on screen or on an external monitor (vga or hdmi).
    With the battery removed and the power attached it is the exact same, only the power button is illuminated to allow the user to know that the AC is attached.
    After looking around it seems that quite a few acers have a similar problem, and it is associated with the bios.
    The thing is, on this model i cannot flash the bios chip in this state. Other models allow you to with a usb key.
    Is there anybody in Dublin that will flash the Bios chip with a programmer, and any idea what they charge?

Thanks in Advance

Advertisement