Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer for cultural assignment

Options
  • 25-01-2017 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm a 3rd year general nursing student doing an assignment on improving care of patients from different cultures.
    I'm looking for a volunteer to ask a few questions about their preferences, beliefs and morals. (I promise they're not crazy hard questions) It would be preferable if you have had a hospital experience.
    I'm looking for; anyone who was born in a different country, anyone with a religion other than catholic (as catholic religion is usually the ethos used in hospitals), anyone who is part of the LGBT community, anyone who is agender, anyone part of the travelling community etc

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Hi, I'm a 3rd year general nursing student doing an assignment on improving care of patients from different cultures.
    I'm looking for a volunteer to ask a few questions about their preferences, beliefs and morals. (I promise they're not crazy hard questions) It would be preferable if you have had a hospital experience.
    I'm looking for; anyone who was born in a different country, anyone with a religion other than catholic (as catholic religion is usually the ethos used in hospitals), anyone who is part of the LGBT community, anyone who is agender, anyone part of the travelling community etc

Thanks in advance

That sounds like an interesting topic for an assignment. Is the theory of the course based off *Galanti's (2014) work in the area? She covers a fair amount of ground in that book, gleaming her information from 200+ case studies. Fascinating area to delve into.

Unfortunately I don't fit the criteria that you listed above for the survey so I wouldn't be any use to you. Hopefully others who do tick all those boxes will pass by the thread at some stage.

Best of luck with the assignment.

*Galanti, G. A. (2014). Caring for patients from different cultures. University of Pennsylvania Press.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Interesting volunteer assignment indeed. Unfortunately I do not fall within your study parameters. I'll look about with my boards.ie friends and see if one of them may qualify and be interested.

Advertisement