Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming Build-Should I come back next month ?

Options
  • 25-01-2017 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭

It's into January and I have returned ( like ye told me to ), but now seeing some of the threads I am seeing advice saying to hold out until Ryzen hits the market .

I am planning a ( final ) gaming build with about €1500ish not including monitor , I'm not really interested in overclocking, never have been, and I plan on selling, at a greatly discounted price, my current pc to my son .

Should I start a rebuild thread or wait another while ? , If the advice is to hold off a bit then I might start a thread on case and power supply to get the ball rolling .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Chances are, not much is going to change.

For that budget I'd say:
    i7 7700 intel CPU
    H270 Motherboard
    16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
    1070 GTX nVidia GPU
    500W PSU
    Some form of ATX case

Have a look on PC Part Picker to see what's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Performance wise probably no change, money wise though we will hopefully see a bit of a shake up, it might be the difference between moving tiers on something for a given budget.

GPU overclocking was essentally rendered obsolete by GPU Boost 3 (on platforms equiped with it) - I'm hoping to see the same happen with Ryzen, that it will just happen automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks lads , I'll go away and have a look and pick out some stuff and come back and see what people think .

Advertisement