Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conan Exiles survival builder game

Options
  • 25-01-2017 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

So anyone getting this early access starts on the 30th of jan ( 5 more day amagawd) I am finding myself looking forward to it the more see that said it is a funcom game so i am not going to get pulled into the pr hype i still remmeber your mmo !!

It is a game similar to ark, but you dont tame beasts you can go out and capture npc's and they become your guards and crafters and will make little towns for themselves and you can get different ethnicity's that open up different cultural based crafting styles.

You can summon deities to wreak havoc on the map and the building from the video's seems to much than whats offered in Ark. Also it will all be set around conans era so if you were turned off by the high tech game play in ark it might be up your alley.

trailer

other dev streams and stuff over here https://www.youtube.com/user/Funcom/videos

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it looks great. Went under the radar for a while, but after watching some gameplay videos, i'm interested.

As you say though, its Funcom, so who knows what it'll be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It looks great and sounds promising overall but I've learned my lesson from these type of EA games.

Would be great if they can deliver but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Oh well, sounded promising

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thing is, it looks like it will be very focused on groups and I can't imagine it being even nearly possible as a solo player.
    I played a good bit of survival games and it just stinks of gang bangs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thing is, it looks like it will be very focused on groups and I can't imagine it being even nearly possible as a solo player.
    I played a good bit of survival games and it just stinks of gang bangs.

Age of Conan was like that too.

I think i'm gonna skip this one, it's being hammered in the steam ratings too. Would have liked to play this as a single player game, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Did anyone get the game? I have it and played about 2 hours or so. Its actually quite good for early access. Haven't come across too many game breaking bugs and there's been two updates already for minor issues. Server sizes have been reduced to help performance but all in all I'm well impressed. The gameplay does require teamwork to advance realistically as its a struggle, albeit not impossible, alone. So feel free to add and join me! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013800492/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Seems to be the same as most EA survival games. Hype for the next few days then (mostly) ded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

It's definitely a ****e launch servers are packed and laggy but to be expected, what I played was decent enough content wise. I'll check back on it in a month or so see how well they patch it. Combat seems promising building i think is way beter than ark in how you can actually place things and looks cool. Preformanc is abysmal like it takes ages to load char creation and then to log in to a server publiconfiguration or even a private solo .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played it for a few hours with friends this evening, my first time really diving into a game like this. I was able to advance to lvl 11 in that time and having my friends there with some stuff already built for me helped take the drudgery of early level grinding.

It's buggy and the lag is bad in places. We also weren't able to password protect our private server which was a bit annoying when Rando Calrisian and Nien N00b turned up and robbed us cause someone left the door open :rolleyes: They were killed many times over, we just couldn't find their base.

Being bastards, we killed the server when we were all done playing so no one could grief us :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I feel the like the Endowment option is whats drawing a lot of peoples attention to the game.

I'm keeping a close eye on the game over all though, but not too close.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I feel the like the Endowment option is whats drawing a lot of peoples attention to the game.

I'm keeping a close eye on the game over all though, but not too close.

i usually have my steam stream open when i play and about 10 people popped in while i was starting the game so i just stayed at char creation increasing and decreasing my penis size :D i was surprised by how long they stayed...

screw it, looked at a few streams and it doesnt look half bad, going to buy it with a buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sow a bit of gameplay last night and apart from ability to manipulate the size of your gentleman sausage, it just does not appeal me. I just love my rust, arma exile way too much.
    It does look pretty for open world, but I don't think it's going to be fun solo in it.

i would hold off on buying it for a few months anyway it seems good so far from what i played but it has that same ark issue with servers being crap every where, and unofficial servers being ruined by anoying admins who change the time of day to night time then teleport to your are and kill you and run off thinking i didnt notice what they did !!!! :mad: I might just mess about in the solo mode from time to time till its got a big patch. Breaking thralls is good craic.

yeah its pretty fun for how early in development,server issues are annoying as fcuk. Has a lot of promise depending if they put the work in. Anyone found any good servers? currently on blood sweat and beer pvp relaxed server, its pretty stable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm done with paying companies to fix their games. It seems like this is in an absolute disgracefully bad state, and shouldn't have even been released. And i know, it's early access, and that may be ok when it's an indie studio. This is Funcom, who have massive experience with these sorts of games.

We are paying full price for what is basically an Alpha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Apparently they've now partnered with gameservers.com for the official servers after parting ways with the previous provider last week. Official servers are supposed to be back up soon.
    The private server I tried yesterday was quite laggy.

started playing it proper the other day im really enjoying it so far, still performs like crap but its being patched a fair bit performance wise. They have a lot of nice building stuff like furniture and decor stuff which a nice touch i use want all that stuff in ark. Went out enslaved some plebs yarrr,

also i am on a server called Duel Etiquette[rp-pvp][XPx10][Gatherx5][GTXGaming] If anyone is looking for a decent server with no crappy admin. or direct ip 193.111.186.169:7977

• Advertisement
Advertisement