Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Security Light Problem

Options
  • 25-01-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

A neighbour has recently changed their security lighting from a sensor operated light (which was no problem) to a high glare LED light which stays on all night and is shining directly into our bedroom through French doors. We are unable to put up curtains to block out the light (as we were told to do!) because to do so would not allow the doors to open. I have been looking at trying window film to try and stop the glare but don't know if this would work. If anyone has any advice regarding this problem, I would love ot hear it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Arlowbird wrote: »
    A neighbour has recently changed their security lighting from a sensor operated light (which was no problem) to a high glare LED light which stays on all night and is shining directly into our bedroom through French doors. We are unable to put up curtains to block out the light (as we were told to do!) because to do so would not allow the doors to open. I have been looking at trying window film to try and stop the glare but don't know if this would work. If anyone has any advice regarding this problem, I would love ot hear it.
    Thanks.

Just an idea, have you tried asking them to move it down slightly. The light on them doesnt scatter its directional. So moving it further down should solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Arlowbird

I have asked but suspect they haven't as, if they had, it hasn't done anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We have heavy lined curtains on French doors.
    Why on earth would they stop the doors opening ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Arlowbird

The doors open inwards to provide access onto a flat roof and are located in a dormer. The space between the ceiling and top of the door is only about 2" so hanging curtains from there isn't possible due to the lack of clearance. As a last resort we could hang the curtains on the doors themselves but are reluctant to drill into them as they are made of UVPC. In the meantime I am exploring all avenues before doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Arlowbird wrote: »
    The doors open inwards to provide access onto a flat roof and are located in a dormer. The space between the ceiling and top of the door is only about 2" so hanging curtains from there isn't possible due to the lack of clearance. As a last resort we could hang the curtains on the doors themselves but are reluctant to drill into them as they are made of UVPC. In the meantime I am exploring all avenues before doing this.

I've seen blinds on the inside in such instances..
    I'd be trying to solve the problem on your side rather than getting into a load of agro over the light..

• Advertisement
Advertisement