Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swat 4 on GOG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Still waiting for Direct2Drive to give me back my copy of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I also own that.......said goodbye to that a long time ago.

bastids......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I bought the orginal disk and the expansion and had to email support for modified exes quite a few times

You just reminded me I bought it on direct2drive too, is that still going?

Bought it out gog today as well...doubt I'll ever play it now though

There were some nice user created missions for it

D2D was sold and games the new owners didnt have the licence for vanished. The only way to play it was via pirated versions as most people dont have a DVD drive anymore.

It got very active today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I though D2D was sold,renamed Gamefly,which was the sold on again and it was renamed Direct2Drive again.

Ive tried closing my account with the latest iteration loads of times,only to not be able too. My last attempt was contacting support to close it,never got a response. They have my CC details amd you cant remove them from your account.

Reckon ill be picking this up next month on pay day,too many games im playing at the moment to add another. Watched a video earlier just to see if it looled like i remember. Doesnt look like its aged to badly at all which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You just made my day! Don't have dig up my physical copy now!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Just because all I want to talk about is VR: in hot dogs horseshoes and handgrenades there's a kill house area, where you move through taking out bad guy cut outs, It's a heap of fun managing your weapons in a real space

It made me want SWAT 4VR real bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Bambi wrote: »
    Just because all I want to talk about is VR: in hot dogs horseshoes and handgrenades there's a kill house area, where you move through taking out bad guy cut outs, It's a heap of fun managing your weapons in a real space

It made me want SWAT 4VR real bad.
    Just need to combine with Leap hand tracking for all the hand signals and you're golden.

gizmo wrote: »
    Just need to combine with Leap hand tracking for all the hand signals and you're golden.

Leap? I don't think you'd need that level of tracking tbh. Leap actually seems fairly redundant for most things

Leap? I don't think you'd need that level of tracking tbh. Leap actually seems fairly redundant for most things
    Really? Even for this kind of stuff? Granted it's beyond the scope of what's in SWAT 4 but for a hypothetical sequel?

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    Really? Even for this kind of stuff? Granted it's beyond the scope of what's in SWAT 4 but for a hypothetical sequel?

you think anyone got time to be learning that? :D

Honestly you'd only need it for the finger stuff I feel and good luck counting fingers given most headset resolutions

I feel most of the stuff leap is modelling are actually tactile functions rather than visual so they're no real use in VR without something "real" for the hand to interact with

you think anyone got time to be learning that? :D

Honestly you'd only need it for the finger stuff I feel and good luck counting fingers given most headset resolutions

I feel most of the stuff leap is modelling are actually tactile functions rather than visual so they're no real use in VR without something "real" for the hand to interact with
    Well to be honest I reckon most people would just rely on "Freeze" and "The Signal" during play so it'd be redundant in any case.

The stuff I'm talking about is more visual I guess, the ability to direct AI squadmates using more complex hand signals rather than relying on button presses. It's a pipedream, sure, but then again, so is a sequel to SWAT at this stage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

This GOG release only has LAN / direct multiplayer so be prepared for tunngle / gameranger shenanigans if you want to revisit the absolute thrill that was multiplayer with the pepper spray paintball gun

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Hercule wrote: »
    This GOG release only has LAN / direct multiplayer so be prepared for tunngle / gameranger shenanigans if you want to revisit the absolute thrill that was multiplayer with the pepper spray paintball gun

I'd recommend Hamachi https://www.vpn.net/

Hercule wrote: »

Dedicated servers and Direct IP work.

http://www.moddb.com/games/swat-4/downloads/swat-4-server-browser-alternative

Use that to find games.

Advertisement