Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feeling too easy!

• 24-01-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

:eek::eek:

I quit smoking two weeks ago.

I have tried before unsuccessfully and to be honest I was giving it a half hearted attempt this time with it being New Year and all but would you believe it I've shocked myselfat how easy this feels (touch wood)

For the first time I said to myself that I was giving up for my young kids and not for me so I'm thinking this little psychological "trick" is the reason for it. I probably tried to quit maybe 3-4 times before and I always felt weak as I don't "hate" smoking enough.

I was a 10-12 cigs a day smoker, although you could easily double that if I was on a night out drinking. I haven't drank since quitting so a big test lies ahead with some nights out coming in soon.

I have a vaping kit which I'm using intermittently, if I have in front of me I could puff away for a solid half hour but if I leave in the car then not too bothered other than that I haven't used any patches, books, etc

Anyone else find it this easy? Feels like somethings not right!!

Advertisement