Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Camera with IFTTT Support

Options
  • 24-01-2017 4:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

ive been looking for a camera for a while that i can put outside the house that has IFTT so i can turn on hue lights if motion is detected etc. but i dont want to have to sign up to some cloud service, id prefer if it had a hub with an SD card or if it sent video to FTP or something along those lines. is there anything available that can do that? I havent been able to find one myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I've only glanced at the Netatmo outdoor camera, does it do what you need?

https://www.netatmo.com/product/security/presence

Free video storage

Local video storage on the included microSD card.

DropBox
    Choose to store your videos automatically on your personal Dropbox cloud.

Or, choose to backup videos automatically on your personal FTP server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

That would do the job alright, but its a bit on the expensive side. id prefer something cheaper, but ill save it to my list on amazon and keep an eye on the price, thanks a lot.

It does have a lot of great features for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm usually well able to moan about the cost of smart home stuff (eg I am not paying 150 -200 for 2 window sensors) but I don't think 300 for the Presence is bad. Depends I suppose.

Replace existing "dumb" light - no extra cctv cables to be run.
    Storage means no need for a dedicated DVR to capture cctv.
    So it compares well against an outdoor CCTV camera + light + DVR setup.
    Then you add in the smart features...

I have CCTV + sensor light + DVR already, so it doesn't make sense to spend 300 for just the smart features - but if I was starting from scratch I'd be considering it. Obviously I'd be happier seeing it on offer though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DrBass

Im almost ready to push the button on the Presence. Been looking into an Outdoor Camera for a while. Nest was also a runner, but 10e a month for full features was a deal breaker.

Nest do IFTT also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'll suggest an Arlo camera... I'm biased coz I already bought one. There's free cloud storage for up to 5 cameras & it's ifttt compatible.

https://ifttt.com/arlo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Alrlo looks decent , except that it takes battery's. I'd rather have a wired one. Everything else looks good with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Alrlo looks decent , except that it takes battery's. I'd rather have a wired one. Everything else looks good with them.

Yeh, mines an indoor one so is wired... Am debating whether I would add the outdoor with batteries, think I will eventually.

Advertisement