Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellaris: Star Trek Horizon

Options
  • 24-01-2017 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

For PC game fans of the old Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

The epic Strategy game Stellaris has many mods and one of them is the new Star Trek Horizons. Still in alpha, they are making great progress with huge selection of races and set map.

Currently im playing the Dominion and have conquered most of the Gamma quadrant, turning those species into slave races or minor rights depending on their loyalty. My Jem Hadar and Vorta ensure the lower races behave.

Ive just recently discovered the federation (which started off as six different playable races themselves merged into a Federation because of similar ethics) and currently planning a mass invasion, once I finish playing the Klingons and Romulans against each other.

Also trying to avoid Borg.

The game is a lot of fun, sunk hours into it, Diplomacy, tech tree, graphics, all pretty great.

So if your missing that Star Trek strategy feel......give it a try :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a brilliant mod to a brilliant game. I've still only played as the Federation, but want to do a Romulan or Klingon one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Just bought the game - gonna give it a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Kurn wrote: »
    Just bought the game - gonna give it a try :)

let me know what you think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Watched a few YouTube videos.. looks great but can you jump in and figure it out, or do you need to play the unmodded game a good bit first?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The ingame tutorial will tell you almost everything you need to know. It's still active with the mod installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sounds awesome. What do you need to play this and where or how do I get it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

AMKC wrote: »
    Sounds awesome. What do you need to play this and where or how do I get it?

The base/core game is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/281990/

The mod then is here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688086068&searchtext=

YouTube Let's Play intro/guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSqZsAAvOA

I think I'll pick this up at the weekend (payday!) and give it a spin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Wow, currently facing a Borg invasion. Getting crushed on all fronts.

Advertisement