Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye bye MBC group. :-(

• 24-01-2017 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

I've had these channels for over 10 or more years in our house. It looks like they are gone from Northern Europe unless someone knows otherwise.

Nothing lasts for ever.

JD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Greenman wrote: »
    I've had these channels for over 10 or more years in our house. It looks like they are gone from Northern Europe unless someone knows otherwise.

Nothing lasts for ever.

JD.

Gone from 26E or 7W?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

abarkie wrote: »
    Gone from 26E or 7W?

Gone from Northern Europe on 26e, never had them on 7w.

Unless you something I don't know. smile.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I believe the MBC group are still on the same satellite, but have changed to another transponder more focused on their target area.

I believe the MBC group are still on the same satellite, but have changed to another transponder more focused on their target area.

But for those in Northern Europe it's gone for the moment unless someone knows different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have been following a couple of threads on Satellite.uk. Some reception being reported South and West England of MBC channels on Badr 5 West Africa footprint. 12284 V 27500. Could be a possibility for Belgium.

People haven't tried that reception much before, because they were on Badr 4 up until now. They are also on the new satellite Badr 7 now, but that footprint is probably a lot tighter.

https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/mbc-to-badr-7-tonight.169480/page-4

https://www.lyngsat.com/Badr-5.html

Also on 7 West on the Nilesat footprint, which does not have much history of reception in Europe, but could be worth trying. I can get a couple of transponders on the Middle East North Africa footprint, which is nominally thousands of kilometres away from me. The published footprints are not always in line with reality.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Dxhound2005 but as yet nothing. Maybe it was a rights issue that they closed the Northern European output. Pity really, maybe an IPTV option? Ah well nothing lasts forever.

JD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

John! I am receiving 7 channels from 26*E which start with MBC. Are those you are looking for? screenhunter-140-feb-06-18-50_imagesia-com_1czer_small.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

That is from the new Badr 7. The footprint, East MENA, is a long way from Belgium.

http://www.arabsat.com/english/the-fleet/badr-7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

Yes, but that is also long way from Riga, Latvia, where I have reception of those channels on 1,2m dish.

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    John! I am receiving 7 channels from 26*E which start with MBC. Are those you are looking for? screenhunter-140-feb-06-18-50_imagesia-com_1czer_small.jpg

That's amazing. Well out of the foot print. I've got a spare CM 1.2m must point it to Badr and give it a try.

Thanks again.

JD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement