Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G 3rd Gen strange phantom touch issue

Options
  • 23-01-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I bought my Dad a phone for Christmas. Since then he has been complaining about a few issues with it but hasn't been able to describe them until I seen the issue myself.

I will try explain the issue as best I can because it's a strange one.

So when I call his phone and it is in his pocket it will ring and vibrate. Then after 1 or 2 seconds it sends the person who is calling a text saying busy or will call you later. Sometimes it will even just hangup!

So I enabled show touches which shows nothing abnormal when using the device. Multi touch works perfectly as does scrolling. However I was able to reproduce the issues twice when I put the phone in my pocket. It would ring and when I pulled it out there was LOADS of touches appearing all over the phone even though I wasn't touching it.

I also find it strange that the phone is able to be operated through a glove or jumper sleeve. All the other phones I use require a human touch and won't work with a layer of clothing in between.

Is this a fault with the phone or is there a setting that I could change to fix it? Anyone know how Argos will react if I just walk up to the shop with my receipt and describe this issue?

Advertisement