Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new mobo and CPU.

Options
  • 23-01-2017 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

I haven't bought from Mindfactory before and I'm in the market for a new CPU and motherboard. I didn't realise their minimum charge to Ireland is €30. I see it's €20 to the UK so I'll probably do parcelmotel - am I getting this right or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Check equivalent prices on Amazon.de. They do reasonable shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Check equivalent prices on Amazon.de. They do reasonable shipping.

I did try amazon.de but found they wouldn't ship to either Ireland or Northern Ireland. I then tried Amazon UK and found my order was around €170 vs €145 from Mindfactory to the UK. I'm wondering is the extra on Amazon UK worth it against the hassle of returning a dead mobo to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

That's weird, could be worth checking out the other amazon sites .fr, .es, .it and see how they stack up.

Also, if you look for the model on https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ and then change the uk part to fr, it, es, de you can get a price overview for a number of countries too.

A good german site that I've dealt with was www.voelkner.de but they don't have a huge stock. Computeruniverse.net are ok too but i've never had to RMA to them. Only to Amazon.de and that was relatively painless (although I did have to pay shipping and get it refunded rather than getting a pre-pay shipping label).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I did try amazon.de but found they wouldn't ship to either Ireland or Northern Ireland.
    All companies would not ship abroad? Or just domr? For example, some companies in amazon.co.uk only ship to within the UK, but not to Ireland, but other companies would.

Advertisement