Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

minecraft mods for dads who dont have a clue

• 23-01-2017 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

could anyone please have the time to give me a step by step guide or easy way to install mods on minecraft my son looks a youtube all day on vids of pat n jen and the rest playing these games like hello neighbour and allsorts of worlds all ready made and dantdm is his fav i tried youtube and once got a mod installed but can never do it again i have forge installed but i dont know what im doing to be honest i would happily pay someone at this stage to install some but just dont know any one that can PLEASE HELP ME

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Best advice i could give would be to get yourself one of the launchers that installs mod packs for you. I would say the FTB launcher is probably the most reliable so id go for that one.

Install the launcher then run it when its installed. You will be able to pick whatever modpack from the lists available and just click install,the launcher will do the rest for you.

Quick bit of advice,if you have a 64 bit windows install grab 64 bit java. Also whatever java version you end up with make sure its up to date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I'd second the FTB (feed the beast) Launcher(1). I also use the Curse Launcher(2) a fair bit. Both have a wide range of mods. Filter by the 1.10.2 version mods, as there are the newer ones, and if he's watching current youtube content these will be the packs the content creators will be playing.

(1) https://www.feed-the-beast.com/
    (2) https://www.curse.com/download

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭EIREAROEIRE

thanks a mill goin to try that now

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭EIREAROEIRE

excellent advice lads thanks

Advertisement