Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roayl Mail / ebay on issue

Options
  • 22-01-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Well i have never purchased mobile online. Was always dealing face to face... But i have never lost parcel.. From amazon or ebay..and lurchasd over 500+ items... I know i am addicted.. Haha anyway

But recently i decided to save some cash and buy online cheap beast device.. Bought zuk z2 64gb.. For 230 +10e for delivery from uk. Not bad at all..

Uk seller with over 1100 feedback as seller 99.8% no issue there..

Got tracking number the next day after purchase with msg about delivery... Phone moved in uk the same day and in the evening i got last upddate i have is this.

Your item, posted on 13/01/17 with reference RZ******GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE.

Nothing show on an post tracking and they have no info about my parcel... Seller is saying that its normal...

I have been on ebay from 2009 and i swear all parcels with tracking showed within max 2 days on an post website... This is over week...

Does anyone has similar experience..or shall i be worried...???

Estimate delivery was for 18/01/2017 as per ebay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Well i have never purchased mobile online. Was always dealing face to face... But i have never lost parcel.. From amazon or ebay..and lurchasd over 500+ items... I know i am addicted.. Haha anyway

But recently i decided to save some cash and buy online cheap beast device.. Bought zuk z2 64gb.. For 230 +10e for delivery from uk. Not bad at all..

Uk seller with over 1100 feedback as seller 99.8% no issue there..

Got tracking number the next day after purchase with msg about delivery... Phone moved in uk the same day and in the evening i got last upddate i have is this.

Your item, posted on 13/01/17 with reference RZ******GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE.

Nothing show on an post tracking and they have no info about my parcel... Seller is saying that its normal...

I have been on ebay from 2009 and i swear all parcels with tracking showed within max 2 days on an post website... This is over week...

Does anyone has similar experience..or shall i be worried...???

Estimate delivery was for 18/01/2017 as per ebay.

EBay estimated delivery dates are always too early in my opinion. Posted on the 13th and expected in Ireland by the 18th, chances are it's just sitting on a shelf somewhere. At the end of the day it is the sellers responsibility to ensure the safe delivery of the package. I'd give it another week before starting to get worried, just keep an eye on the tracking page in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

What worries me is the fact that according royal mail is that the parcel aka phone left uk on 13th...and according to an post its still not in Eire...i could make it swimming in that time...

Just to mentiom i contacted seller before sale asking for delivering times....and i paid 10£ extra for international signed with tracking.... And again delay s fine..but i never had one for sooo long while in transit... Its not in royal mail warehouse and an post have no info about it..

Just to mention i knownit say item posted in 13 but i got the tracking the same day...it wss before item being prepared for dispatch and hours later went to the latest ..it all happen on 13...

I still think you will probably have it this week, if the seller is well established and has good feedback I would wait a little longer myself. Like yourself I have been using EBay a long time, probably about fifteen years now and I've never had a package lost in the post. If it's signed for it's probably even less likely to happen. I have had a few damaged but never lost. I understand this is a high value item and see why you are so concerned. If the worst comes to the worst you are still guaranteed your money back, it does take a while through the resolution process though so hopefully it won't come to that.

Yeh.for me defo high value... I know i will get my money back..as paypal will be on my side.. Its just the thing to share story..if anyone else has the same experience...and where is the parcel now? England ? Ireland? Iceland?

But i will take your advise... I will wait few more days
    .. If something new pop up i will update the threadi really hope its not lost

Hint: i ordered a case from spain and screen sprotector from germany.... The same day i purchased the phone from ebay with free delivery.. Both arrived Thursday... So delays i am notnsure... Now i have case and screens protector but no phone to play

Thank you kindly

You made me think of a delivery I had from Aliexpress before, it first went to Iceland, then Israel and finally made it to me about four months later. The seller had realised their mistake after about six weeks when I enquired where it was. They sent out another package that I received about two weeks later. They contacted me again after the missing package arrived seeking payment for it too, they're still waiting.

• Advertisement

Well i had issue but with fishing line from china...delayed..i mean 6 weeks.. They send second i recieved both..and i paid them later for second

This parcel is going into ireland 100% as roayl mail tracking clearly says Eire... ;)

Advertisement