Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Housewife

Options
  • 22-01-2017 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Had reservations when I heard about it, but I like Detrich Bader so gave it a whirl. It's surprisingly not ****.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yes, if your looking for a show the wife wants to watch and you can bare to sit through it, then this is a good choice seen there's so much other crap our there.
    Love the husband character, he's always just be Oswald to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just started this! Really enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

American Housewife regular Carly Hughes has left the ABC comedy, citing a "toxic environment" on the show's set.

Hughes, who was a regular for the show's first four seasons, appeared in the fifth-season premiere of the series on Oct. 28, which was largely filmed before the coronavirus pandemic shut down production in the spring. She did not appear and was not credited in American Housewife's second episode of the season last week.

"I was no longer able to work in the toxic environment that was created on American Housewife. I made the decision to leave to protect myself from that type of discrimination," Hughes said in a statement. "As a black woman in entertainment, I feel the responsibility to stand up for what I deserve, what we all deserve — to be treated equally. I wish the show well, and I am excited for a new chapter and to be able to pursue the opportunities ahead."

ABC Signature, which produces the series, investigated Hughes' claims and says it made "positive changes" as a result. Creator Sarah Dunn is no longer actively involved with American Housewife (though she was credited as an executive producer and co-writer of the Nov. 5 episode), and line producer Mark J. Greenberg departed. Showrunners Kenny Schwartz and Rick Wiener also took sensitivity training.

"Carly was a valued member of the cast, and we had hoped she would return to the show this season," a spokesperson for the show said. "The concerns she raised led to positive changes to the workplace and improvements to the culture, but we respect the decision she made to move on. We wish her nothing but the best."

The Hollywood Reporter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

One of the kids left as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Been watching this since it aired but lost my way sometime around the season break, I think last Christmas. I hate when that happens. It's an enjoyable quick fix TV imo.

OU812 wrote: »
    One of the kids left as well

The original KittyKat was in Tarantino's flick with Brad Pitt, did well in that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The original KittyKat was in Tarantino's flick with Brad Pitt, did well in that

Yeah Julia Butters. She was brilliant in once upon a time... has great potential.

The official story is that she was at end of contract and decided mot to renew because of other opportunities, but her IMDB is pretty empty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

OU812 wrote: »
    Had reservations when I heard about it, but I like Detrich Bader so gave it a whirl. It's surprisingly not ****.

Ha, me too. I thought it would be rubbish but found myself not going to the remote control after 5 minutes.

I might just stick with this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement