Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods appalling after care service.

Options
  • 22-01-2017 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice on what I can do here.

Bought a 55" LG TV from Littlewoods in late Nov 20I5, the picture stopped working early Nov 20I6, just a few weeks within the warranty.

Pickup was arranged for Dec I6th for the TV to be returned and inspected etc.

Rang several times and emailed in last few weeks looking for an update, I received continuous lies from them such as not being able to see this on my account, being told a cheque will be posted out and being told the TV hasn't been received.

My last call yesterday, the agent said the TV was being tracked in Wigan.

Almost 2 months without a TV, Littlewoods collected it 5 weeks ago and its still enroute to them.

Is the small claims court my only option now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

They have a link on their site for the european consumer agency to handle disputes maybe try that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'm looking for advice on what I can do here.

Bought a 55" LG TV from Littlewoods in late Nov 20I5, the picture stopped working early Nov 20I6, just a few weeks within the warranty.

Pickup was arranged for Dec I6th for the TV to be returned and inspected etc.

Rang several times and emailed in last few weeks looking for an update, I received continuous lies from them such as not being able to see this on my account, being told a cheque will be posted out and being told the TV hasn't been received.

My last call yesterday, the agent said the TV was being tracked in Wigan.

Almost 2 months without a TV, Littlewoods collected it 5 weeks ago and its still enroute to them.

Is the small claims court my only option now?

Who picked it up. DHL etc?

What did they agree first off repair or replacement or a voucher?

Have you tried talking to a supervisor or lodging a complaint using their official channels?

Twitter and Facebook are good spots to post criticism/complaints as its public and companies don't like the negative publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

irishgeo wrote: »
    Who picked it up. DHL etc?

What did they agree first off repair or replacement or a voucher?

Have you tried talking to a supervisor or lodging a complaint using their official channels?

Twitter and Facebook are good spots to post criticism/complaints as its public and companies don't like the negative publicity.

I wasn't home when it was collected, I have a docket to say it was picked up.

I've dealt with so many in Littlewoods at this stage, it was picked up for "inspection"

I have lodged complaints, via email, phone, social media.
    On Facebook, when you leave a comment, they tell you to fill out a form, so they send you a link, I've done that several times and not gotten a reply. They tell you they can't access your account on Facebook and this form you fill in with complaint will be answered.

Littlewoods don't care about negative publicity, their social media pages are full of irate customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Littlewoods sell overpriced goods on the basis of easy credit. You're absolutely right that customer satisfaction will be lower down the list as they have a USP of paying it off over a period of time. Your rights are:
    (5) Where the remedy of repair or replacement is provided the repair or replacement shall be completed within a reasonable time and without any significant inconvenience to the consumer, taking account of the nature of the goods and the purpose for which the consumer required them.

If you're waiting for a replacement or repair and it's been going on that long I'd suggest opening a dispute using the small claims procedure. It's €25 which you shouldn't have to pay out, but it may focus their mind.

Logged with small claims court Sunday.

How long before I hear back from them?

I Haven't been asked to pay the €25 yet.

Littlewoods Facebook wall is awash with disgruntled customers with similar stories.

• Advertisement

Haven't heard anything back from small claims court yet.

Rang Littlewoods again looking for update, person said there was a note in account saying allow up till February I7th for credit. That would be almost I2 weeks after I originally contacted them to make the complaint.

Did you not have to pay it when you submitted the paperwork?

No which I thought was strange, so I rang them and said I'd submitted something, and was told it would be examined first and if they felt I'd a case it would be processed and then I'd have to pay a fee.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You only pay when the registrar accepts the case. Delusional nonsense won't get accepted. This case will though.

L1011 wrote: »
    You only pay when the registrar accepts the case. Delusional nonsense won't get accepted. This case will though.

You've never spent a day (probably have much better things to do) watching the Supreme Court. :pac:

I always assumed it was a similar thing to the stamp duty/filing fee, you's pay yer money on application regardless of whether it was valid or not. Good to see it's more customer friendly.

• Advertisement

Finally got an email from Littlewoods to say they'll refund me and send out a cheque within I4 days.

Haven't heard anything from small claims court, 9 days after logging the complaint.

Advertisement