Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming across stuff from childhood on Youtube.

Options
  • 22-01-2017 9:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

It's mostly associated with cat videos and what not but the coming of Youtube has had a positive side for 40 something nostalgia freaks like myself. Old advertisments, clips from kids TV and PIF's that you vaguely remember and coming across them out of the blue on YT is a weird kind of rush. I was terrified of The TV Hulk as a kid and Paxo did this pastiche ad which I found just as scary. As the years went on I began to wonder did I imagine it as no one else I mentioned it to seemed to remember it. Then viola! I come across it on YT and the memories come flooding back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I really like looking at a few of the old cartoons I watched as a kid.

I have been meaning to take the time to watch a few episodes of Ulysses. I vaguely remember it but could never forget the theme song which made me look it up! How cool is this? :)

Lately I've been reminded of tv shows Tales from the Crypt and The Outer Limits. Watched an episode of The Outer Limits a while ago and it really comes back to you as you are watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 grumpyScotsman

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I really like looking at a few of the old cartoons I watched as a kid.

I have been meaning to take the time to watch a few episodes of Ulysses. I vaguely remember it but could never forget the theme song which made me look it up! How cool is this? :)

Lately I've been reminded of tv shows Tales from the Crypt and The Outer Limits. Watched an episode of The Outer Limits a while ago and it really comes back to you as you are watching.

Loved this as a kid! I also heard a theme tune I haven't heard for decades last night - it's being used on an advert now, but it's from The Flumps. No? Just me?

Loved this as a kid! I also heard a theme tune I haven't heard for decades last night - it's being used on an advert now, but it's from The Flumps. No? Just me?

:D

No I don't recall The Flumps but had a look at and listen to the theme tune just there and now I keep humming the melody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

On another forum somebody posted a clip on YT from Sapphire and Steel which starred Joanna Lumley and David McCallum. Still as creepy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

darkdubh wrote: »
    It's mostly associated with cat videos and what not but the coming of Youtube has had a positive side for 40 something nostalgia freaks like myself. Old advertisments, clips from kids TV and PIF's that you vaguely remember and coming across them out of the blue on YT is a weird kind of rush. I was terrified of The TV Hulk as a kid and Paxo did this pastiche ad which I found just as scary. As the years went on I began to wonder did I imagine it as no one else I mentioned it to seemed to remember it. Then viola! I come across it on YT and the memories come flooding back.

The Incredible Hulk is showing on Horror movie channel most days. I watched it today, it doesn't have the same appeal it did 30 years ago unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Today on YT, I will be mostly watching...old clips from The Fast Show :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The Halas & Batchelor Kraftwerk Autobahn short was another one that got a new lease of life with YT though for years I just knew it as that weird trippy cartoon with the blue alien that RTE used to use as schedule filler in the early to mid 80's.

darkdubh wrote: »
    The Halas & Batchelor Kraftwerk Autobahn short was another one that got a new lease of life with YT though for years I just knew it as that weird trippy cartoon with the blue alien that RTE used to use as schedule filler in the early to mid 80's.

Don't recall that myself. Just had a look at it. Trippy is definitely the word :D

I haven't watched any soaps for years but I remember being open mouthed watching "Sharongate" as a kid. Over 25 million tuned in! Grant's over acting is superb for soap opera :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I'd nearly forgotten about this till I came across it on YT again.

• Advertisement

Dance your cares away
    Worries for another day :)

Advertisement