Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performance & Team gym?

Options
  • 21-01-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

They seem to only have 2 platforms and one or two free standing squat racks in the performance gym (unless there is another section I have missed?? The layout is a bit confusing :o) - I presume they have more in the team gym?

Does anyone know how you get access to the team gym? Do all teams have access or just certain teams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

There's the one that people outside UCD can pay to get into(Think that's the performance one you're talking about), the team gym that you have to sign up for with a team (I assume, I've never tried it), and the student gym (Which should be jam packed with new year resolutioners by now until mid February).

The student one is the one up in the balconies of the sports halls. If you haven't been there yet, it should have plenty of room for you in the mornings. After mid-day it'll be packed all day though. Like seriously bad, you won't get a chance to use anything between groups of guys taking over bench's and the new years people taking up EVERY single machine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

a fat guy wrote: »
    There's the one that people outside UCD can pay to get into(Think that's the performance one you're talking about), the team gym that you have to sign up for with a team (I assume, I've never tried it), and the student gym (Which should be jam packed with new year resolutioners by now until mid February).

The student one is the one up in the balconies of the sports halls. If you haven't been there yet, it should have plenty of room for you in the mornings. After mid-day it'll be packed all day though. Like seriously bad, you won't get a chance to use anything between groups of guys taking over bench's and the new years people taking up EVERY single machine :(

Thanks, yeah that was the one I was talking about - the "student" gym is the performance gym. Was amazed that there were only 2 or 3 racks in it and it was jammers.

The private members gym only has a couple of racks too and is seriously swamped - hence I thought the performance/student gym might be quieter, as most students might use the fancier, private members gym. But no :( Might have to get myself involved in a team to try and use the team gym I guess! :)

Advertisement