Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THREE.IE mobile data not working with new simcard

Options
  • 21-01-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I have full signal, phone is showing H+ connected, yet nothing loads.
    Three support were feck all help. Said they'd have their "tech team" call me back in a few days.

I've tried a few different APN settings including one supplied by three support. And I've tried the simcard in another phone to no avail.

Samsung galaxy S5, test device is my new (faulty screen to be sent back) one Plus 3t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Try deleting the APNs completely and just use this one. When you're finished entering it in remember you need to save it also.

yW17oJI.jpg
    uUN58cI.jpg

Sorry if these images are massive. posting from a mobile.

jordanfaf wrote: »
    I have full signal, phone is showing H+ connected, yet nothing loads.
    Three support were feck all help. Said they'd have their "tech team" call me back in a few days.

I've tried a few different APN settings including one supplied by three support. And I've tried the simcard in another phone to no avail.

Samsung galaxy S5, test device is my new (faulty to be sent back) one Plus 3t

You've tried turning on roaming and/or forcing 2g in settings to see if you can get any data? Sounds like an issue with your account rather than the device or SIM.

You are also sure you have phone credit? Out of bundle data charges on 3 are insanely expensive so if you haven't topped up by €20 to get unlimited data you could have ran out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jordanfaf

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You are also sure you have phone credit? Out of bundle data charges on 3 are insanely expensive so if you haven't topped up by €20 to get unlimited data you could have ran out already.

Couldn't be that. My plan is 30 euro for 10gb and unlimited calls and texts, only topped up 2 days ago and havnt had access to data at all

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jordanfaf

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Try deleting the APNs completely and just use this one. When you're finished entering it in remember you need to save it also.

yW17oJI.jpg
    uUN58cI.jpg

Sorry if these images are massive. posting from a mobile.

Just tried that, when i click save it brings me back to my APN list, but that one isnt there. did it a few times and i defo clicked save

• Advertisement

Is that a prepay offer on 3? They don't have that offer online. Are you defo with 3 and not a network that piggybacks on them?

If you would like someone to look at the phone free of charge I could take a look remotely. You would just need to go on wifi and download inkwire from the playstore. It wouldn't give me control but I would be able to take a look if you think that would help.

Advertisement